Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gquiring

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
SC
I was looking for a case that does not block the iPad 2's borders. I found one on Ebay for around $16. I made a video and took a few photos. Overall I like it. It does smell, I am planning on leaving the case outdoors for a few days which usually solves the problem.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Msh60WmS2jY

Attachments

• iPadCase1.jpg
    iPadCase1.jpg
    862.9 KB · Views: 293
  • iPadCase2.jpg
    iPadCase2.jpg
    802.9 KB · Views: 198
  • iPadCase3.jpg
    iPadCase3.jpg
    690.2 KB · Views: 229

icecrystal23

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2010
Thanks for the review and photos. I bought this case about a week ago and am still waiting for it. Looks like it's what I wanted (thin, unobtrusive).

gquiring

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
SC
Geat case a video. What camcorder did you use to shoot the video?
It's a Panasonic TM700. I fly radio controlled airplanes so I wanted a decent HD cam with hardware image stabilization. I am really happy with it, it was much cheaper than the Sony or Canon with better specs.

gquiring

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
SC
I let my case sit for two days in the upstairs window where we get a good breeze and the smell is gone. I did take the case down when the sun was shining directly into the window, I didn't want a melted case!

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
The case looks like a knock off of the STM skinny but without the magnets or sleep wake feature. Not too shabby for 16 bucks though.

icecrystal23

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2010
Got mine today. I really like how thin it is and that it doesn't cover the iPad's bezel. I also love the typing angle. The other angle, though, is pretty unstable. It's probably only good for watching and not for interacting with the iPad. My other complaint is that the tab seems to slide out pretty easily when using it on your lap.

Overall, though, it's a good deal for $16. It fits well and looks good. It'll work for me until good iPad 2 cases are abundant.

Slinglfe

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2011
Thanks for the review and DIY case mod

I've been waiting to find some feedback on these HK cases. I was thinking this could be the perfect case if only it had auto sleep/wake! Definitely can't beat price but the delivery time is a test of patience.

Could you tell me if the magnet will trigger standby mode if folded all the way back and across in "book" orientation?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.