iPad 2 - Charlotte, NC - South Park Mall

Discussion in 'iPad Launch Meetups' started by ryanwbmai, Mar 7, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Anyone else here going to South Park? Im planning on being there around 11:00am. I didnt get my iPad 1 until a few weeks after release, so I dont know if there will be too long of a line. Better safe than sorry though. :D

2. macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

Right now I am debating whether I order online at 3AM or go to the Best Buy on Independence (right near costco's) I get out of school around 4PM so I most likely will be there around 4:15 if I go
    I need to see which one makes more sense

3. macrumors newbie

Wish i could be in CLT but im traveling for work. I like the BB at North lake or up in mooresville they seem to have hot item in stock more then the ones in South Clt.

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I live in SC and the BB in town NEVER have a large enough stock of any Apple product. So I think I will be going to the source for this launch.

5. macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

I am now thinking whether I should go to the apple store around 4:15 to get a 32 GB wifi
    Am I guarantied to get one if I show up then
    I was thinking about getting one online but then I thought at best buy but I think I might end up going to the apple store
    (I got to the iPhone 4 launch around 6:30 and was guarantied a phone)

6. mullman, Mar 8, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2011

macrumors 6502

mullman

+1

The lack of pre-order is really odd and I do not have time to wait in line at our Southpark Apple Store for hours this Friday.

My plan is to hit the Target & Best Buy in Matthews Friday morning and if that fails, just order online for delivery next week: 64GB 3G (AT&T) Black.

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

Unfortunately it doesnt go on sale until 5PM. This is at all retail locations. I spoke to WalMart and BB today. (3 different stores)

8. macrumors 6502a

pcguru83

That's good to know, I'm probably going to be hitting up the Best Buy at Northlake. I should be able to get off around 4pm Friday, so hopefully I'll still have a chance at snagging one. If not, there is a Target right across the street, so that's also an option.

9. macrumors 6502a

bob5820

I thought about it but as much as I'd like to pick the iPad2 up in an Apple Store heading across town to South Park mall is too much of a PIA. I'll hit the local Target or BB instead.

10. thread starter macrumors newbie

Just got in line at the Apple store. 20 people already in line.

11. macrumors 6502a

pcguru83

Wow. If you could keep updating throughout the day with what the line looks like, that would be awesome. I'm getting off at 2pm, and I'm torn whether I should go there or try a Best Buy.

12. macrumors newbie

Ciordia9

Yea 5pm at SouthPark sounds like sooo much fun :cool:

I think I'll swing by tomorrow and see if any stock is left, otherwise I've got an order already placed.

If you hear a quantity of stock on hand that'd be great for forecasting.

13. macrumors newbie

Bb

It only looks like the BB in Concord Mills will have the IPAD 2 for release today.

14. macrumors newbie

# in line now?

How many in line now at the Apple Store in Southpark?

15. thread starter macrumors newbie

11:40 - Maybe 80-90 folks in line. Starting to wrap around the corner. I'm thinking it's going to get a little more crazy around 2-3. Once people dart getting off of work early.

Some reps came out and said theyre giving out vouchers around that time. If you have a voucher, you get an iPad. If you don't it's up in the air.

I'll try to keep updating every hour or so.

16. macrumors 6502a

pcguru83

Awesome, thanks!

17. thread starter macrumors newbie

1:00PM - 200-225 in the line now. Apple's wifi network MUST be getting workout. No vouchers handed out yet.

18. macrumors 6502

mullman

1:27 pm BestBuy Blakeney 5 in line.
    Store will not confirm amounts, but assure they have all SKUs...

19. thread starter macrumors newbie

2:00PM - Roughly 300+ people in line. At this point I'd say if you're not here already don't come. I'd find someplace else to buy it.

20. macrumors newbie

North Charlotte

Anybody seen if there are lines or have any idea about inventory in the northlake/huntersville area?

21. macrumors regular

chilly willy

Thanks for the updates. I was struggling with getting to SP and watching basketball, but if 300 already in line, no need to stress. :(

Do we have any idea about lines at other BBs or Target/Walmarts? (aside from Blakeney)

22. macrumors 6502a

pcguru83

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

There's about 15 in line at the Northlake Best Buy right now. They've assured us they have a good mixture of stock but won't divulge exact inventory.

23. macrumors regular

chilly willy

Thanks. Might try BB in Blakeney or Independence, or at worst drive up to Northlake - I'm in S. Charlotte, so dread idea of I77 at rush hour.

24. macrumors member

I was gonna head over to SP Mall around 4pm, but I see there is no point. So to alleviate all the stress, I just placed my online order to assure I get what I want. Also it doesn't hurt to get the free engraving.

2-3 weeks really isn't that long of a wait and I anticipate probably getting it before then.

25. macrumors newbie

No.of Ipads in stock

Just out of curiosity - At SP mall - How many Ipads would they have in stock....I thought they would have atleast a 1000...if there are only 300 - 500 in line then isnt there a possiblity to get one even if we come around 5pm ?