iPad 2 - Columbus OH (Easton)

Discussion in 'iPad Launch Meetups' started by VirgilsEgo, Mar 3, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Apr 2, 2010
    Hey gang. Are we planning anything? I've been hearing various claims, such as: "They aren't releasing it until 5 pm"

I just spoke to a rep and he told me to check the Apple Store website the day before.

Hopefully, it will be available when the doors open, which means lining up at 6 am.

Who's in?
  2. macrumors 6502

Jul 14, 2008
    I plan on being there early
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 2, 2010
    The Easton Rent-A-Cops are really bitchy, and they generally don't let you start lining up till 6. On iPhone launches, we'll go hang with the people outside the AT&T store and then send recon over to check it out. As soon as they let the line start forming, we swoop in.
  4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 2, 2010
    According the the Apple site, the iPad will be on sale in their retail store at 5 PM. I guess I'll just order mine from the online store. I really don't want to sit in line for 12 hours.
  5. macrumors regular

Nov 27, 2006
    I plan on getting in line about 1:30 or 2:00. They are going to be sold at multiple locations so hopefully this take the pressure off of the Easton Store.
  6. macrumors 6502

Jul 14, 2008
    Be careful. You might get shot :)...remember the shooting at Easton a few weeks ago all started in the Apple Store. Tensions will be high with this new product release :)
  7. macrumors newbie

Mar 11, 2011

I propose using the hashtag #cbusipad on Twitter to keep others updated on lines, inventories, pictures, etc.! Thoughts?
  8. macrumors 6502

Jul 14, 2008
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Doing that now on the twitter