iPad IPad 2 external hard drive

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by iChedddd, May 19, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

May 19, 2013
    Well I'm new and need help with my ipad. I only have a 16gb ipad 2 and need more space for movie and music. I know that seagate satellite mobile wireless storage hard drive works but I don't have £150 to just spend on that. So I looked on eBay and found this,

I was just wondering if anyone has either bought something like this or knows if it will work and is good or not, thanks.
  2. macrumors regular

Apr 6, 2013
    North Carolina
    Hello - the 'stock' iPad will not function w/ a cabled external HD; although the CCK (Camera Connection Kit) comes w/ a USB adapter, the sole purpose is to attach a digital camera for transferring images. So sorry but any external storage device that needs a cabled connection is not an option.

As you already mentioned, a 'wireless' solution is your main choice, and a number exist - e.g. checkout the iUSBport HERE - hopefully, others will 'chime in' who may have solved this issue on the iPad - good luck! :)
  3. macrumors 6502a

Nov 25, 2009
    United States
    I have tried just about all of the wireless streamers and have been pretty impressed with the Kingston Digital MobileLite Wireless Flash Reader.
    You can use SD or USB flash drives. I have been using a couple of micro-SDXC 64GB cards and it has been working great. It also has the additional benefit of being a back-up battery for your iPhone. For $69.99 US. it is not a bad price especially if you already have some flash storage cards lying around.
  4. macrumors 6502

Jan 17, 2013
  5. macrumors 6502

Jun 13, 2009
    I second the Kingston. It works great so far.