Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aforty

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
I ordered online at 4AM today so I do have a backup plan. I have a MBP in for repair at SoHo and they called me today of all days to come pick it up. They said they were shutting the store down from 3-5PM but I could come before or after. I think I'm going to try and pick it up at around 530 and then see if I can sneak on the in-store line once I'm done and snag one.

If all this doesn't work I'll wait for my order to ship. Don't hate me guys, I'm simply an opportunist. :D

Amneeziac

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2007
Updates--

SoHo:

"Soho Apple Store has a line from Prince to Houston already, with 4 hours to go. Suddenly less sure I'm getting my iPad today..." - 1:02

"Just checked out the line for the iPad at the SoHo NYC Apple Store: it's all the way around the block. People brought their dogs here!" - 1:02

tumblr_lhwn6b2UFb1qaisfmo1_500.jpg

"150 ppl in line for Soho's Apple store. Ipad 2 !" - 1:00

---

14th St:

"50 people in line at the 14th st. store for the iPad 2 apparently." - 12:00

"Line of eager #iPad shoppers at the 14th St. #Apple store isn't too hideous- maybe 63 people, 4.5 hours to go. " - 1:00

ohla313

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
If I go to the apple store tomorrow for an iPad 2, will I have a chance of going home with one? Will Apple stores get more stock the next day??

Pballer110

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2010
If I go to the apple store tomorrow for an iPad 2, will I have a chance of going home with one? Will Apple stores get more stock the next day??

Bestbuy is expecting to get a second shipment on saturday so i would think apple stores will be getting more tomorrow as well. Although there most likely will be more lines tomorrow as well.

ohla313

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
Bestbuy is expecting to get a second shipment on saturday so i would think apple stores will be getting more tomorrow as well. Although there most likely will be more lines tomorrow as well.

ok great. thanks! hopefully more stock tomorrow. good luck everyone else!

YetiMachete

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2011
Maybe 100 in line at the Columbus Circle BB. Everyone is telling tales if the HUGE line at the UWS Apple Store.

stereoscott

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2009
Complete crap. Line's been moving the whole time. They did mention about :30 minutes ago that they were out of the white 16 & 64 AT&T ones. That's it. Plus I got a nifty card that guarantees me one at a certain time in the near future if they run out tonight. Bonus!

Thanks for the update... i might walk by tonight to see what's going on.

Update: This thread says out of black 32 & 64 AT&T:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/885896/

richlee111

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2011
Complete crap. Line's been moving the whole time. They did mention about :30 minutes ago that they were out of the white 16 & 64 AT&T ones. That's it. Plus I got a nifty card that guarantees me one at a certain time in the near future if they run out tonight. Bonus!

Woah...you got a card??? I waited at one in the Chicago area, and about 50 people in, they were out. They just said they were out and to come back tomorrow to see if maybe they will get more. I just hate this lack of consistency when it comes to Apple stores selling stuff w/ lines. I find it ironic that they will have strict rules for selling time, etc, but no rules for how to handle sellouts and people who waited in line :(

ohla313

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
to those who purchased, how much was the sales tax on the iPad? I'm not sure if I should buy in NYC or NJ, usually the tax is lower in NJ though..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.