iPad 2 Launch - Walden Galleria Buffalo, NY

Discussion in 'iPad Launch Meetups' started by conshok26, Mar 2, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502

conshok26

Due to work I'm not going to be able to get there early. I'll probably end up getting there right at 5. I really hope there won't be a huge line. I'd love to spend Saturday with the iPad. I sold my iPad last month and have been going through withdrawal.

Anyone else plan on showing up? What time?

2. macrumors member

Thinking about it but probably just going to grab it online. I wouldn't be able to get there till about 6:30-7:00 so who knows then with the lines/stock supply.

Anyone else?

3. timdafweak, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2011

macrumors 6502

timdafweak

Will be there ~ 4:30PM after work. If there's a long line, I will probably get mine from Best buy, or across the road at Sam's.

4. rishin, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2011

macrumors newbie

5. macrumors 6502a

i'll be there, eagerly waiting for my ipad 2. the line shouldn't that bad, i remember picking up my first ipad there with no problems whatsoever.

6. macrumors member

I unfortunately missed the iPad launch so it’s good to hear that there wasn’t that big of an issue with availability. Plus, not like there isn’t a Best Buy right across and a Target down the street.

7. macrumors regular

I'll probably go when I get out of work at 5:30. I'm thinking they must expect to have good stock since they arent doing preorders and are launching in 26 additional countries two weeks later.

8. thread starter macrumors 6502

conshok26

That's what I'm sort of scared of too since you guys don't officially get it until the 25th. I'm going for the same model as you and I hoping other people are looking to go on the low end and get the 16GB or 32GB.

9. macrumors newbie

Hey all, I registered just for this thread, I figured we could all help each other out on launch day.

Can anyone who is going to the Galleria Mall or the other stores mentioned in this thread on launch day please update this thread with how busy it is? I know a lot of people can't make it there until 5 or later, so if we all post in here and say how many people are in line, and if it looks like they are gonna run out soon, we can make it easier for those who can't get there early to line up. Post here too if they are sold out.

10. thread starter macrumors 6502

conshok26

It worries me that this topic has been viewed over 200 times. I really hope the do a reservation.

11. macrumors 65832

Haha.. sounds like it could get busy.. especially on a late friday afternoon.

12. macrumors regular

I'll be there with my two boys - all this after a long morning/afternoon at Sick Kids' in Toronto, and then the beginning of our trip south for March Break!

Will make for a long day, but fun time (I think?)

13. rishin, Mar 7, 2011

macrumors newbie

14. macrumors 65832

Ohhh geez.. didn't even think about the timing with the beginning of the March Break.

When you declare it you have to pay HST (13%).

15. macrumors 6502

timdafweak

Does anyone know whether the Best Buy next to the Apple Store will be carrying the iPad2? In other words, will all Best Buy stores be carrying the new iPad?

I plan to buy it from Best Buy if the Apple Store lines are horrendous. I plan to reach there ~ 4:30PM.

16. macrumors member

I believe it will be available at the same time, heres a link fron Engadget
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/10/ipad-2-goes-on-sale-tomorrow-5pm-local-time-in-stores-1am-pt-o/.
    I think I'm going to avoid everything and just order online. Good luck to everyone.

17. thread starter macrumors 6502

conshok26

If people in line could update us who can't show until later that would be great.

18. macrumors newbie

Here now line up started with people waiting in cars at 4am its starting to get pretty bad but still reasonable.

19. rishin, Mar 11, 2011

macrumors newbie

20. macrumors newbie

Looks to be at least that now. Keep going inside store to ask about numbers but apparently they have yet to count (or maybe even have them yet) all of them. Best buy set up ropes for a line up but only like one or two people in line.

21. thread starter macrumors 6502

conshok26

This isnt looking too good for me. Hoping there is a 64gb for me when I get there.

22. macrumors regular

The line has gone down the side of the store wall and looped back around toward the Apple main entrance - probably about 200 people here. They are giving out Tim Horton's Coffee (yeah, Canada!) and told us that the people currently in line shouldn't be worried about not getting an iPad. Hope that helps! I'll try to update again at some point.

23. macrumors 6502

timdafweak

Wow... it seems unlikely that I'll be able to get one today.

24. macrumors regular

Best Buy line was at 7, though there is a sign up there that says they only have wifi models.

25. macrumors 6502

timdafweak

Thanks for that mcfayden, I think I'll head there at 4:30PM... I am only interested in the base 16GB model.