iPad 2 - screen not rotating

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by themyst, Mar 23, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone encountered this issue and if there is a fix:

Occasionally, the screen refuses to rotate for no good reason; I have verified screen rotation is not locked through the software or switch, and the only fix is to reboot the iPad.

Is there a fix for this, or is it a known issue that will possibly be resolved in iOS 4.3.1?

2. macrumors 6502a

Bluemeanie1976

It does this very occasionally for me. I think it depends on the app, for me. However, getting the multitask bar up normally sorts it.

3. macrumors 6502a

This happened to me on the home screen last night. Never happened with my iPad 1. A quick power cycle fixed it.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm starting to think this might be related to the bug where the gyroscope isn't being recognized on an iPad 2. I think 4.3.1 will fix this.... hopefully!

5. macrumors newbie

Yeah...I was having the same problem but only in my email app. I just powered off then back on and it corrected the problem.

6. macrumors newbie

My Dad is currently having this problem on his iPad 2 also. He usually has to reboot it to get the screen rotation working correctly again. I told him to call Apple support and see what they say.

7. macrumors 65816

We are currently on iOS 4.3.2.

8. macrumors newbie

iPad2 Screen not Rotating

Yup - us too. Same as above. I suppose we all await a bug fix...

9. macrumors newbie

Just Restart iPad

Restart the iPad 2: Press and hold down the sleep/wake on the front of the iPad 2 for few seconds until the red slider appears, slide this across to shut the iPad 2 down. Restart the iPad 2 by pressing the Sleep/wake button on the top until the Apple logo appears.

10. macrumors 6502a

Congrats, you resurrected a dead thread in order to give the solution the OP said he already uses.

11. macrumors newbie

magnet cover is the reason

Due to the gravity sensor was interfered by the magnet cover. The cover is a stupid design by APPLE.

12. macrumors newbie

Remove the cover, restart. Everything fine.