iPad ipad 2 screen problems

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Brounmoney, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Brounmoney, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012

macrumors 6502

Jan 31, 2012
    So I have a ipad 2 that I bought in Jan of last year so the warranty is about to be up. I have been having issues with the screen when I open safari or some other app that has a white heading and close it after using it the url and search bar is still in the background of the screen. I chatted with an applecare person and she set up and appointment at the apple store to get a refurbished replacement. My question is should I do that? I have had no other issues with the ipad and love it, but I want the problem fixed. Are refurbished ipads good? have anyone had issues? I just kind of wanted it taken care of before my warranty went out.
  2. macrumors 6502a

Jul 21, 2010
    United States of America
    A refurb is fine. They get new batteries and a couple of other things.(It's on Apple's site) If it's bothering you by all means go and get it replaced. You'll be fine. Look it over when they get it out of the box and if it isn't up to your standards then ask for another one.
  3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Jan 31, 2012
    Ok I just don't want to keep the ipad that I have and then have it get worse and then be out of warranty
  4. macrumors 6502

Jan 14, 2003
    California, USA
    Definitely get it replaced. you can check out the replacement while at store to be sure the screen is good. Refurbs get a new battery.

A future buyer, or relative you may give it to, will want a good screen...

Be sure you do a backup via iTunes or cloud and backup any mail you need saved before you get to the store...
  5. thread starter macrumors 6502

Jan 31, 2012
    Ok thanks for the help. I was just not sure how good the refurbs were. I have to say I went the apple store earlier today and they were no help. I had to call to get anything done.
  6. thread starter macrumors 6502

Jan 31, 2012
    Has anyone had problems getting another ipad if they need a replacement. What I mean is if I go to get I'd swapped do I need to call ahead and see if they have any in stock. It takes an hour to get to the closest apple store.
  7. macrumors 6502

Feb 7, 2010
    no need to call ahead, just set an appointment, they almost always have stock, if they dont you usually get bumped to the next higher model for free :D

happened with me way back with my 3g, i got a 3gs! i guess i was just lucky the apple guy was in a good mood :D