iPad 2: Seattle, WA

Discussion in 'iPad Launch Meetups' started by joefarrell86, Mar 6, 2011.

1. macrumors member

I've never waited in line for a product launch before and I'm hoping someone in the Seattle area can tell me the best store to line up at.

I'm thinking either: Southcenter Mall, University Village, or Bellevue Square.

Bellevue and Southcenter are both indoors, so I wouldn't have to deal with the freezing cold, but I really like the U-Village store. Also, I was thinking about getting there early (6 or 7am), but I'm not sure. Any help would be appreciated :D

2. macrumors member

I've been to launches at Southcenter and Bellevue Square. Between the 2 definitely Bellesquare. Way more open space and they always hook people up with water or starbucks coffee, and food sometimes.

Don't think there'll be people in line as early as you say, but I plan on hanging out at 1-2pm until they open the doors at 5.

3. macrumors 65816

Previously, Bellevue Square let people in at 6AM.

4. thread starter macrumors member

Cool. Bellevue Square it is!

Maybe I'll head over around 8 or 9 instead of 6am. I just wasn't sure of how much stock they usually carry at launch and I wanted to make sure I can get my 64GB White iPad :)

5. macrumors 6502

The higher memory models don't go as fast, so you should be fine.

I live near Alderwood so that's where I am going. Anyone else going to be there? I'm not sure how early to go. I took the day off work, so I could go early early, but I don't really want to unless I need to. Maybe I'll go to the Starbucks at the mall in the morning and see if anyone is there yet.

6. macrumors member

yeah I'm going for a 64 GB white one as well. I'll probably just post up at starbucks with my kindle and read for a while until they open.

7. macrumors 6502a

I'm planning on going to alderwood. Seems like it will be the least busiest of all the Seattle stores. Ill get there between 2-230 since I have classes in the morning.

8. macrumors regular

I'm going to show up at Bellevue Square at 11:00...if there's nobody in line, I'm heading next door to Lincoln Square to watch a movie. I'll come back at 1:30 to assess the lines and either watch another movie or stand in line. I like the option to watch a movie next door, and a less likely chance of getting shot, than at Southcenter :D

I'll post line updates if nobody else is already doing it.

9. macrumors member

10. thread starter macrumors member

Me three. I've been dying to see Battle: Los Angeles and it comes out this Friday.

11. macrumors 6502

gglockner

Normally I stay away from launches like the plague. I'd rather have it delivered to me. But I've got a day trip to the bay area on Saturday, and I'm thinking about picking up the iPad 2 on Friday. I'm thinking about taking the contrarian view - going to Bell Square around 6-8pm. But I may just wait and get it delivered later.

12. macrumors 6502

Somehow this doesn't seem relevant for the Seattle launch thread... ;)

EDIT: Oh, just kidding. I misread your post and thought you'd be at "Bell Square" in the bay area. Didn't realize you meant "Bellevue Square" because you want an iPad 2 for your trip on Saturday!

13. gglockner, Mar 8, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2011

macrumors 6502

gglockner

Doh! Hope the code I'm writing today isn't as ambiguous as what I posted here! You're absolutely right - I live in Bellevue and I was thinking of picking up an iPad at Bellevue Square on Friday to take along on my day trip to the Bay Area on Saturday.

Have to weigh out how much time it will cost me in the doghouse - I'm already leaving my wife and son behind for the day while I travel to the memorial service for my great aunt. And my wife will say that I already have more than enough gadgets to keep me busy for a day trip.

14. macrumors regular

Yeah, I'm pretty much going to be in the doghouse on friday too...
    1) She thinks I'm dumb to wait in line for an electronic item
    2) She thinks I'm dumb to take a day off work to stand in line
    3) She thinks I'm dumb to spend over $499 for an electronic item
    4) But mainly because she doesn't yet know that I'm actually going to buy the 64GB model vs. the 16GB model!!:D. That's a gauranteed doghouse visit!

At least I'll have my sweet new iPad 2 to keep me company while I'm in the doghouse :D

15. macrumors regular

oooooooooooo, I forgot that Battle: Los Angeles is coming out Friday...just changed my movie plans! And also just confirmed another reason to be in the doghouse, since I forgot to mention that my wife doesn't know I'm going to a movie too!

16. macrumors 6502a

Your movie idea is genius lol. I would do that in alderwood, but instead I have a mandatory English class to attend from 1130-1 :/ lame. Oh well. At least I'll be in alderwood by 230.

17. macrumors newbie

I will be at Alderwood Apple store. For the original iPad launch, we got there at midnight (for the 8am launch) and were about 10th in line. Im thinking of going at 8am Friday.

18. macrumors 6502a

I hope 230 is early enough... I'm scared I wont get one lol

19. macrumors member

You'll be fine.

20. macrumors newbie

I stood in line for the original iPhone at U Village but the weather was OK and the line went super fast once they started selling them. This time I am not going to sweat it too much. I'll head over to U-Village after work because its on my commute. If I end up not getting one no big deal but I am thinking the line won't be nuts and I might even go by AT&T since I'm getting a 3G with them anyway.

21. macrumors 6502

Hmm.. If the crappy weather continues I might change my plan and go to Bellevue Square to wait inside.

22. macrumors 6502a

I may do that too. If the line isn't long at alder wood, I'll head to bsquare to see how that line is.

23. macrumors regular

I plan on hitting the Alderwood store around noon - 1 even though I live right next to the Everett Best Buy. I have faith that Apple will handle their launch better the Best Buy.

24. macrumors newbie

If its raining I might go to Bellevue Square instead of Alderwood.... Does anyone know the policy about lining up outside before the mall opens? what entrance do people line up at?

25. macrumors member

applerocks123

Camera's

It would be nice if they had cameras up at the apple store so we could see the lines