iPad 2 Shipping Estimates for Online Orders Improve to 2-3 Weeks

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Apr 4, 2011.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shipping estimates for new online orders of all iPad 2 models have improved to 2-3 weeks today, down from earlier 3-4 weeks. The new shipping estimates appear to apply in all countries where the iPad 2 is currently shipping.

With Apple releasing its first television commercial for the iPad 2 over the weekend and shipping estimates now improving, it appears that the company is confident enough in its ability to meet demand that it can begin more high-profile marketing campaigns to appeal to a broad base of consumers beyond the early adopters that have so far been soaking up supplies as quickly as they can be replenished.

Article Link: iPad 2 Shipping Estimates for Online Orders Improve to 2-3 Weeks

2. macrumors member

3. macrumors regular

Now if only the 2 iPad2's that I ordered for my company would have their shipping time bumped up , since I ordered on the 12th of March and still show a ship date of April 23rd.

4. macrumors 68020

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
  5. macrumors 6502

4 iPad's?!?!

6. BreuerEditor, Apr 4, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2011

macrumors regular

BreuerEditor

My order placed on March 13th is arriving on April 7th. Tracking info was sent to me on April 2nd. :)

7. macrumors 6502

I hope my April 21 Ship Date moves up as well!

8. macrumors newbie

Does anyone know the current stock situation in the London Apple Stores? Do they have Ipads for people who just walk into the store?

9. macrumors member

Exactly!! Why hasn't my ship date moved up at all?? If I ordered one today it would say an earlier ship date than the one I ordered 3 weeks ago :confused:

10. macrumors 6502

decimortis

so orders that said 3-4 weeks last week are now saying 2-3 weeks this week? I did NOT see that one coming. :rolleyes:

D.

11. macrumors 6502

Not sure why your shipping date is so late, I ordered on the 13th and my original ship date was 4/11, it actually shipped 4/1, its in Alaska.

12. macrumors regular

Mine still says shipping april 22 arriving 27th

13. macrumors member

I'd love for shortened ship date - Ordered march 18th, still says shipping April 21st

14. macrumors newbie

In London you have to reserve an iPad between 9-10pm for collection next day. Good luck with that - I had three browsers open and yet no dice within 30 seconds of 9pm!

Additionally, the shipping on the UK Apple Store is still 3-4 weeks as of now.

15. macrumors 68000

spiderman0616

Yeah, my ship date hasn't budged. Still all the way out at April 25th. Disappointing. I started a new job that requires me to be on the train about 2 1/2 hours a day and the iPad 2 came out almost at the same exact time that I started my job. I really need this thing to come in--my iPhone 4 is not cutting it as an e reader anymore and some Civilization Revolution for iPad would sure make those train rides shorter.

16. macrumors regular

My ship date just got moved BACK instead of FORWARD ! ! !

IPAD WI-FI 3G 32GB BLACK ATT
    Ships: Apr 25
    Delivers: May 3

Delivery WAS the 29th ! I ordered the 22nd of March.

Smart cover will be here the 22nd though. That was only a 4 week wait.

I called apple, they aren't sure why and can't tell me if I cancel my order if it'll ship faster, nor can they tell me why I was bumped back a week...

Thanks Apple.. sigh

17. macrumors newbie

ultio

I went to a local store today and they had tons of iPad 2s; they even had four demonstration models, which kind of surprised me. I thought that they'd be hard to get, which clearly is not the case, at least not around here.

And I must say, I was really surprised about how thin it is, it's definitely a huge improvement over the first one.

18. macrumors 6502a

MrMac'n'Cheese

About time hopefully by this time next month it'll say 2-3 days....

19. macrumors newbie

My order still stands on shipping for april 25th and estimated arrival on may 5th. I ordered my iPad2 as soon as it was released here in The Netherlands.. #sigh:(

20. macrumors 68040

bruinsrme

Cmon a little optimism please, lol

21. macrumors 601

BornAgainMac

I am curious what iPads are popular and which ones are not. Do people like the White one or the Black one? 64 GB or 16 GB? Wi-Fi or 3G? It is probably too early to tell since people will buy any that is available from Apple's estimate of demand.

22. macrumors member

My order moved up 3 days, From April 28th to April 25th. Ordered it on the 31st of March.

23. macrumors regular

HMFIC03

Ordered mine day one (MAR 11th) - two hours after it was available - still has not shipped:mad: White 64GB WIFI Model

24. macrumors G5

Consultant

WTF. Best Buy and B&H pre-order for 64gb wifi still haven't arrived yet.

25. XXFirefighter, Apr 4, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2011

macrumors regular

See now how the hell is mine ordered on March 22nd getting delivered the 3rd of May ???

[​IMG]