iPad 2 slip cases that accommodate the Smart Cover

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by canyonblue737, Mar 5, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502a

I am hoping some of the usual suspects of the case world make slip cases for the iPad 2 that accommodate it with the Smart Cover installed. The Smart Cover from Apple is brilliant for its size and use as a keyboard/movie stand but obviously we all know it doesn't protect the back. Not a big deal most of the time but not something you want when you are throwing it in a bag with other stuff etc. Hopefully someone can design a slipcase for the iPad 2 + Smart Cover combo.

2. macrumors newbie

3. macrumors regular

I purchased the suede slip case from SFBags but in the original iPad size. It looks like it snugly fits the iPad 1, so iPad 2 with smart case might work, If not, ill give it to my bro who still has the iPad 1.

4. macrumors newbie

SFBags!

Actually, after I emailed SFBags today they put up an option for the iPad 2 w/ Smart Cover for all their cases. :D Their cases are pretty nice!

However, I'm thinking to just get a netbook sleeve, since i'd only use a case if I had it in my backpack. Otherwise, a skin, like one from iCarbons, is good enough. ;)

5. macrumors regular

6. macrumors 6502

I have their sleeve for my original iPad and it is just a little too bulky for me. It is more like it's own external bag, rather than a sleeve I can just put in my briefcase/messenger.

That said, I like their stuff a lot.

7. macrumors G3

Night Spring

iPad 2 + Smart Cover is thinner than iPad 1. Any slip case that fit the original iPad will hold iPad 2. I'm not sure why people think a special case needs to be designed for it.

8. macrumors 6502a

Xultar

If you had an ipad 1 I bet the sleeve from that would accommodate your ipad 2 and the smart cover.

Mine did. It is a nice money saver until I make a decision on a case. I will not buy multiple cases this time.

9. macrumors 6502

I'm using the Targus Crave Slipcase. Fits with the smart cover perfectly. There are hidden pockets to put the handles in if you don't want to use them. It's a tight fit so the only accessories you can fit in the exterior pocket are small things like cleaning cloth, earbuds, stylus, etc.

[​IMG]

10. macrumors 6502a

weisjt

sena has new line of leather cases that are really nice and fit the smart cover.

11. macrumors 6502

marmiteturkey

I have a Waterfield Ultimate Sleevecase for my iPad 1, which I'll be using for my iPad 2 when I pick it up this week. Very well-made. A bit bulky but there's room to keep a few accessories (cable, camera kit, compass stand) in the pocket.

12. macrumors newbie

Do you mean an all leather slip case for the ipad2 that looks like this? :))

[​IMG]

13. macrumors newbie

14. macrumors newbie

15. macrumors 6502

16. macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

This.

I got the Marware leather sleeve (looks like an envelope) and it works great. I have a smart cover and belkin snap on the back.

17. macrumors 68040

djransom

18. macrumors newbie

19. macrumors 604

mcdj

Power Support leather sleeve is nice and fits with the smart cover perfectly.

Only $29 at Tekserve.

20. macrumors regular

21. macrumors member

Dunkrag

[​IMG]

22. macrumors member

Dunkrag

23. macrumors 65816

Tom G.

You might want to look into the Waterfield Designs Smart case. It holds my iPad2 quite nicely and then fits into my Waterfield Design Muzetto bag as well.

I have an ICarbons wood type skin on the back of my iPad and a Smart Cover, and as I said it fits very nicely into the Smart Case which fits nicely into the Muzetto bag. Both items are top quality.

24. hfg
    macrumors 68030

hfg

25. macrumors 65816

Tom G.

That is the one that I have with a Muzetto bag of the same color. Although I bought them a year apart they look like they were made at the same time.