Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ladysman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
I'm at my wits end with this. :mad:

I was lucky enough to get a new iPad 2 on Friday. I have absolutely no issues with the device itself. However, it won't sync with my imac at all without all these error messages. If i try and sync again, it will say it wants to remove a bunch of apps.

ipad_error-vi.png

What I have:
27" i7 iMac running latest OSX
Latest iTunes
64gb iPad 2
Same itunes account as everything else in my house

My iphone 4 and 2 ipods sync fine and never give any errors. Just the ipad.

I've googled but really haven't found any solutions. I've found the problem a lot but no solutions.

I'm hoping someone here has gone through this recently and can post what you did to fix it.

Any questions, let me know and i'll report back.

ladysman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
Have you tried de-authorising, then authorising the computer? Seems that error was popping up a few years back, and that was the solution.

with or without the ipad connected? i assume without.

I never deathorized it but i did just "re-authorize it."

make sense?

I have to leave for a couple of hours but will try when i get home.

ladysman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
Nothing helped so i called apple. They also did everything in their power to help to no avail. Restored the ipad back to factory specs and i'm up and running (and syncing) just fine.

Although, there is 1 caveat. If I download an app on my ipad then try and sync, it won't transfer the purchases and it asks me to remove the new apps. If I download them in itunes, then sync, it's fine. weird.

rck77

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2013
SAME PROBLEM, DIFFERENT FIX -- app not installed - unknown error 0xE800002D

SAME PROBLEM:

For error message:

• The app "<app_name>" was not installed on the iPhone "<phone_name>" because an unknown error occurred (0xE800002D).
-- BUT: that error was only for the last 8 apps out of 40 apps. Some (32 apps) got synced and fully installed, some (8 apps) got stuck in mid-install.

Log entries possibly associated with problem:

• iTunes[25552]: _send_message (thread 0x115f71000): Could not securely send message size 406: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL errno (Broken pipe).

• ath[33267]: _SubscribeForMuxNotifications (thread 0x7fff7674f180): USBMuxListenerCreate: Undefined error: 0

• ath[33267]: _NotificationSocketReadCallbackGCD (thread 0x7fff7674f180): Unexpected connection closure...

• iTunes[25552]: _NotificationSocketReadCallbackGCD (thread 0x7fff7674f180): Unexpected connection closure...

• com.apple.usbmuxd[24198]: _SendAttachNotification (thread 0x7fff7674f180): Device 58:55:ca:ea:fb:92@fe80::5a55:caff:feea:fb92._apple-mobdev._tcp.local. has already appeared on interface 4. Suppressing duplicate attach notification.

DIFFERENT FIX:

-- Initiated iTunes sync again.

-- Seven more apps were sync'd, only one remained un-installed.

-- Initiated iTunes sync again.

-- Final one app was sync'd. None remained un-installed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.