iPad iPad 2 (verizon) $299 scare you?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jharvey71884, Dec 19, 2012.

1. jharvey71884, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012

macrumors regular

Sorry guys, don't want to another one of those, which one should I buy threads, but has anyone seen this deal?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-iPad-2-16GB-W-Fi-3G-Verizon-iOS-Tablet-/310534743814?var=

It looked pretty good to me, and I was wondering what everyone thought? I was pretty set on getting a mini today from Tekserve. I'm a journalist by trade, and thought it would be nice to have in the field instead of my Macbook Pro at times, but since I already have a Verizon Family Share Account, I thought this might be better.

My biggest question, does a Seller Refurbished scare you?

2. macrumors 6502

The iPad was not refurbished by Apple. Lots of questions like how do you know for certain the internal battery (which has a limited number of charge cycles) has been replaced?

3. macrumors 6502a

SnowLeopard OSX

Seems a little suspicious. I'd request for actual photos of the iPad to be uploaded, otherwise, I'd personally skip out on the deal -- seems too risky.

You've always got to be more careful on the buyer's end with websites like eBay and Amazon.

4. macrumors regular

Seems fairly benign. The seller offers a return policy. If the item arrives and is significantly not as described you can always file a Paypal/Ebay dispute.