iPad iPad 2 (verizon) $299 scare you?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jharvey71884, Dec 19, 2012.

1. jharvey71884, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012

macrumors regular

May 3, 2011
    Sorry guys, don't want to another one of those, which one should I buy threads, but has anyone seen this deal?

It looked pretty good to me, and I was wondering what everyone thought? I was pretty set on getting a mini today from Tekserve. I'm a journalist by trade, and thought it would be nice to have in the field instead of my Macbook Pro at times, but since I already have a Verizon Family Share Account, I thought this might be better.

My biggest question, does a Seller Refurbished scare you?
  2. macrumors 6502

Mar 28, 2011
    The iPad was not refurbished by Apple. Lots of questions like how do you know for certain the internal battery (which has a limited number of charge cycles) has been replaced?
  3. macrumors 6502a

SnowLeopard OSX

Dec 5, 2012
    Seems a little suspicious. I'd request for actual photos of the iPad to be uploaded, otherwise, I'd personally skip out on the deal -- seems too risky.

You've always got to be more careful on the buyer's end with websites like eBay and Amazon.
  4. macrumors regular

Jun 19, 2012
    Seems fairly benign. The seller offers a return policy. If the item arrives and is significantly not as described you can always file a Paypal/Ebay dispute.