iPad ipad 2 wifi broke?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by crj, Apr 28, 2012.

1. crj, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012

macrumors newbie

Apr 28, 2012
    went installed some tweak calls macX4macChanger from cydia that changed the ipad wifi mac address to whichever i typed in, then the ipad2 reboot and stay at "plug into itune" logo(is this the recovery mode??), then i just update to 5.1 loosing my 5.0.1 absinthe jailbreak (should have tried tinyumbrella to kick out of the recovery mode first??)

after many restores the wifi still doesnt work, wifi setting is grey out and said "no wifi" and wifi mac address show "N/A" at the about. without wifi access i cant use jailbreakme.com to jailbreak 4.3.3, even tho i will be able to restore to 5.0.1 in the future i think absinthe also require wifi access? all i can do now is waiting for the 5.1 jailbreak and hope it wont require wifi access, which i doubt, (cuz all userland jb need internet?).

the reason i want my ipad2 to be jailbroken again is i think thats the only way i can changed the wifi mac address back to the original one using mobile terminal or that macchanger tweak? (any other way i can change the ipad2 mac address without jailbreaking?)

any helps please