iPad 2 with sound issues

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mbopy22, Feb 4, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

mbopy22

Hi
    I´ve been having this weird sound issue with my iPad 2.
    It just stopped working last week. I´ve been reading and investigating on line about it. And here is the problem:

1- Is not the mute thing, cause it is full volume and the swhipping right, after tapping home twice is fine as well. I mean the volume is fine.
    2- Is not the headphone, cause if I plug a headphone I still don´t get any sound
    3- I have restored and updated it to 6.1, at least 3 times already and nothing.
    4- The whole changing the mute to lock option is not working either. Still no sound.

I get no sound at all, no app sound, no locking or unlocking sound except for a weird "click-preeeek" sound after unlocking, but is just a nano second long, and it sounds like a dry click or something. Hard to explain. :mad:
    Besides that, NOTHING sounds. I am kind of afraid that it might be something internal, rather than OS related. And since I don´t have an Apple store where I live, it is hard to take it for a check/repair. Mailing it, is not an option either, cause I don´t live in the States.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

2. thread starter macrumors 6502

mbopy22

any gelp?? :(

3. macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
  4. thread starter macrumors 6502

mbopy22

5. macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Hmm. Here's another link. Hopefully your country will show up there. If not, I guess you could try contacting Apple in country closest to you.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HE57