Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Original poster
Mar 22, 2010
NC
Whoe's looking to cram into the smallest Apple Store with me? For those who are unfamiliar, it's about the size of a Hot Topic store. How does waiting in line work here? What time is everyone showing up?

MyiBill

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2012
Ill be there too! Probably will get there around 10/11 assuming it goes on sale at 5pm like last year.

soco

macrumors 68030
Dec 14, 2009
Yardley, PA
Interesting, I've never heard of/seen this store. I was going to go to Tice's Corner, but maybe I'd have better chances getting the model/color I want here.

It's a bit of a drive though. I live in northern Bergen County.

iosuser

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2012
This is my "home" Apple store. It probably is the smallest Apple store in the world though, I supposed it's because it's not the most glamorous mall in NJ... They really should think about moving to a bigger space though since this store is always crowded.

I just called the store to ask what time it will go on sale on Friday. They said they had no idea and that they won't know until Friday :confused: The lady said "they don't tell us anything" and that "you know as much as we do" LOL.

My ipad is sitting next state over in Fedex warehouse to be delivered Friday. Problem is a friend of a friend is visiting from out of the country until Sunday, and the friend wants to rob MY ipad and give to his friend :eek: I gotta help him get the ipad otherwise I won't have mine this Friday :(

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Original poster
Mar 22, 2010
NC
Interesting, I've never heard of/seen this store. I was going to go to Tice's Corner, but maybe I'd have better chances getting the model/color I want here.

It's a bit of a drive though. I live in northern Bergen County.

This is my "home" Apple store. It probably is the smallest Apple store in the world though, I supposed it's because it's not the most glamorous mall in NJ... They really should think about moving to a bigger space though since this store is always crowded.(

It's definitely the smallest store in the fleet. I'm surprised that Apple even put a store there considering theres a huge one in Willowbrook just a little ways away. There might even be one in Short Hills?

iosuser

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2012
It's definitely the smallest store in the fleet. I'm surprised that Apple even put a store there considering theres a huge one in Willowbrook just a little ways away. There might even be one in Short Hills?

Yes the next closest Apple stores are the Willowbrook and Short Hills, both roughly the same distance from Rockaway and both are probably 10x the size. Oh no they NEED this store here, otherwise it's a 25mi drive for me! In all seriousness, the Rockaway store is the only store serving this whole area including some well to do neighborhood such as Sparta. Around the holiday season this store was so overcrowded that you had to state your purpose for the visit and wait outside!

I was planning to go there on my way out around 8am Friday, but without knowing what time they'll start selling I'm not going to waste my time.

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Original poster
Mar 22, 2010
NC
Yes the next closest Apple stores are the Willowbrook and Short Hills, both roughly the same distance from Rockaway and both are probably 10x the size. Oh no they NEED this store here, otherwise it's a 25mi drive for me! In all seriousness, the Rockaway store is the only store serving this whole area including some well to do neighborhood such as Sparta. Around the holiday season this store was so overcrowded that you had to state your purpose for the visit and wait outside!

I was planning to go there on my way out around 8am Friday, but without knowing what time they'll start selling I'm not going to waste my time.

I guess you're right. It's such a small store, but it does serve a ton of people in the Sussex County/ Morris County area.

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS
Damn!.. I miss NJ.. lived in Randolph off of Rt 10/ Randolph Diner.. near CCM [ Morris County ] and Rockaway Mall was like 15 mins.. :(

Got me all nostalgic..

steve-p

macrumors 68000
Oct 14, 2008
Newbury, UK
Damn!.. I miss NJ.. lived in Randolph off of Rt 10/ Randolph Diner.. near CCM [ Morris County ] and Rockaway Mall was like 15 mins.. :(

Got me all nostalgic..

That's exactly where I stay whenever I visit friends in Jersey. Rockaway Townsquare diner on 15 close to the mall is better though :)

MyiBill

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2012
The manager is a friend of mine and he said they should be getting a bigger store this year. There is a big spot where the old mcdonalds was that has been covered up for a while so possibly there. I find this store to be just as crowded as willowbrook on most days.

iosuser

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2012
The manager is a friend of mine and he said they should be getting a bigger store this year. There is a big spot where the old mcdonalds was that has been covered up for a while so possibly there. I find this store to be just as crowded as willowbrook on most days.

That would be great! The empty spot where McD was would be perfect as it's right by the entrance to the mall - next major launch people can lineup OUTSIDE the mall :p There are a few empty locations inside the Rockaway mall, but the McD location is about perfect.

Who is the manager at this store? I visit there quite often but never knew who the manager is there. I did run into a guy that used to be the manager of Circuit City who now works at this Apple store. He helped me out a couple of time at CC.

----------

That's exactly where I stay whenever I visit friends in Jersey. Rockaway Townsquare diner on 15 close to the mall is better though :)

Next time you're there, drive about 5 miles north on RT15 and go to Jefferson Diner. One of the best diner in NJ.

steve-p

macrumors 68000
Oct 14, 2008
Newbury, UK
Here's a picture to show it really is small :)

Attachments

• IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    724.4 KB · Views: 216

MyiBill

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2012
That would be great! The empty spot where McD was would be perfect as it's right by the entrance to the mall - next major launch people can lineup OUTSIDE the mall :p There are a few empty locations inside the Rockaway mall, but the McD location is about perfect.

Who is the manager at this store? I visit there quite often but never knew who the manager is there. I did run into a guy that used to be the manager of Circuit City who now works at this Apple store. He helped me out a couple of time at CC.

Its the bigger guy, short hair and always wears the black shirt. He's usually by the entrance checking people in and what not.

steve-p

macrumors 68000
Oct 14, 2008
Newbury, UK
Tried the Jefferson Diner yesterday, thanks for the tip. It was very busy but excellent, and we will no doubt be going back there sometime :)

iosuser

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2012
I thought I'd update this thread since we talked about how small the Rockaway mall Apple store is. They (finally) just moved to a new space. It is like 20 times bigger! Pretty much like all other Apple stores in other malls like Willowbrook.

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Original poster
Mar 22, 2010
NC
I thought I'd update this thread since we talked about how small the Rockaway mall Apple store is. They (finally) just moved to a new space. It is like 20 times bigger! Pretty much like all other Apple stores in other malls like Willowbrook.

Yes! Opened Dec 15, it's gorgeous.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.