iPad 3 launch, Victoria Gardens, Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Discussion in 'iPad Launch Meetups' started by gurp13, Mar 14, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Anyone planning for this one? I am taking the day off to go. I have heard that in the past launches, people were not allowed to line up before the store opened. Not happy about that.

For that matter, I have been considering just going to a Verizon store, or even Radio Shack or Target. Thoughts? I really want to get a 64gb and 32 gbVerizon model, both.

2. macrumors member

From my experience last year, that store was packed and lines were long when the iPad 2 was released. I instead went to The Best Buy close to that location and there were only a few people in line so I was able to snag a white 64gb att model. But this year could be different as they had preorders available and there might be less people lining up for it. Youll never know till the day arrives. Anyway, i preordered this time around so as not to deal with the crowds,but good luck to you ;)

3. macrumors newbie

I'll be there. However Victoria Gardens has a horrible policy for lines. People start lining up the night before, but security tells them that no one is allowed to like up until 7am. The leave, or walk around the for a bit and every few hours, then few minutes more people come and are turned away, until finally there are so many people that security can no longer shoo them all way and then the line is pretty much established at that point. In my experience, the transition from scattered groups being shooed to the actual line forming happens around 5am.

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

It turns out I can't get in line until about 7am. I will probably swing by and check the line. If it's too long already, I will go check Best Buy. I would have preordered but I didn't have funds available at the time. :shrug: whattreyagonnado? I was also thinking the Verizon store around the corner might be a possibility.

5. macrumors newbie

If you line up at Verizon at about 7am you have a good chance. The other retailers tend to have a much smaller supply on hand, maybe 20 or so, but the lines are much shorter

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

That's what I was thinking. I'm about to get out there right now. So we shall see. Maybe I will report in once I get out there. :)