iPad iPad 3 refurbs 16gb back in stock

Discussion in 'iPad' started by timeizmoney, Nov 16, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Just a heads up the white model of the 16gb for $379 is back as of 1:30 EST. I snagged one about 2 weeks ago. Looks and acts brand spanking new. Love my ipad 3 :)

2. macrumors newbie

Got mine 2 days ago

Could not agree with you more
    Sold my 3 about 2 weeks before mini launched,for $420,got my mini and sent back.
    Screen sucked in non- retina.
    Ordered a 4 and a 3 refurb,and in my usage could not see any difference.
    And the 130 buck difference it was a no brainer to keep the 3 and send 4 back,
    Seeing the 5 SHOULD be a redesign.
    The refurb 3 is the best value out there as i believe along with many others ,
    The 5 should be totally redesigned,and lighter.
    The refurb screen is perfect,no screen bleed,better quality than my old 3.

3. macrumors 68000

Medic311

why are you buying the ipad 3 refurb when you can buy it brand new for the same price at Best Buy?

i was about to buy a refurb then i just saw that best buy is selling the 3rd generation NEW for the same price apple is charging for refurb

just as FYI

4. macrumors newbie

Better build quality

First off ,best buy near me did not have any 3's and if they did they were $449

Second off, when i bought my original 3 on launch day,i went thru 3 before i received an acceptable screen.

The 4 i ordered with my refurb 3 had bad screen bleed and lousy color.the 3
    Refurb was perfect,no screen bleed,perfect color-white whites,no blue,or yellow.
    I had the 3&4 side by side and the 3 was by far better.

I believe the refurb stuff goes thru a much more quality control program than the new stuff.

For $379,1 yr warranty you cannot go wrong.
    I have had much better luck with apple refurb quality than product launch quality.

The program you talk about is a store by store program ,not available for order,
    And if not available in your area store the refurb thru apple is the way to go.