iPad (3rd GEN) and Apple Docking Station

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by JacobC1983, Mar 19, 2012.

1. JacobC1983, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012

macrumors member

Sep 26, 2008
    I recently purchased an iPad 3 as an upgrade to my iPad 2 and have a question about the docking station I purchased with my iPad 2 (Apple's original docking station)

- it seems that my iPad 3 doesn't fit perfectly into my iPad 2 docking station, it fits but it isn't flush with the back of it and it requires the iPad3 to be tilted a little. I am afraid prolonged use will break either the docking station, or more importantly, my ipad connector.

- the iPad 2 docking station on Apple's website looks like it has been included to fit the iPad 3

-QUESTION = was the ipad 2/3 docking station from Apple updated to better fit the iPad 3 or is it the same docking station or is this as good as it gets.

2. macrumors 65816

Mar 17, 2009
    Wash, DC Metro
    I've been using the original docking station from my iPad 1 for my 1, 2, and now the 3. I have not had any issues with it breaking or showing any stress.

Hope this helps.
  3. thread starter macrumors member

Sep 26, 2008
    That's good news,

Has anyone bought the new iPad docking station from Apple for their iPad 3? How does it fit?
  4. macrumors member

Apr 11, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I purchased one when I pre-ordered and they sent me the dock for the iPad 2, its been working great so far, no issues.