Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JacobC1983

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2008
I recently purchased an iPad 3 as an upgrade to my iPad 2 and have a question about the docking station I purchased with my iPad 2 (Apple's original docking station)

- it seems that my iPad 3 doesn't fit perfectly into my iPad 2 docking station, it fits but it isn't flush with the back of it and it requires the iPad3 to be tilted a little. I am afraid prolonged use will break either the docking station, or more importantly, my ipad connector.

- the iPad 2 docking station on Apple's website looks like it has been included to fit the iPad 3

-QUESTION = was the ipad 2/3 docking station from Apple updated to better fit the iPad 3 or is it the same docking station or is this as good as it gets.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
I've been using the original docking station from my iPad 1 for my 1, 2, and now the 3. I have not had any issues with it breaking or showing any stress.

Hope this helps.

JacobC1983

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2008
That's good news,

Has anyone bought the new iPad docking station from Apple for their iPad 3? How does it fit?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.