iPad iPad 4 Black vs White

Discussion in 'iPad' started by davmcn, Nov 14, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

Jan 5, 2011
    What's better for watching videos and such?

I think the colors both look nice, but I'm un-sure of which to get.

I heard that black might be better to watch content on as white might get a little distracting.

People with experience, care to weigh in?
  2. macrumors 6502a

Aug 5, 2009
    I think most people would say black for watching videos. The black border will blend better. With that said, I have a white iPad 3 and have no issues with watching videos and I don't find the white border distracting.
  3. macrumors member

Mar 18, 2012
  4. macrumors 6502

Jan 3, 2012
    For movies/videos, black. For browsing, white. Either way, you'll eventually get used to whichever bezel color you end up choosing.
  5. macrumors 603

Apr 2, 2009
    Los Angeles Area
    if you're gonna watch lots of vids, then black blends better. Some people however have no problems with viewing vids with the white one.
  6. macrumors member

Sep 21, 2012
    I have both the black and white 4's. Honestly, it's just a matter of personal preference. Nothing scientific about it and if you poll 100 people, the answer you'll most likely get corresponds to the iPad color they've already purchased.
  7. macrumors 68000

Apr 15, 2012
    United Kingdom
    I don't agree with peole that say the white bezel is distracting.

I have a white iPad, and do not find it distracting at all. I much prefer the white over the black!
  8. Moderator

Staff Member

May 3, 2009
    tbh, I think its really personal preference. I've seen people post that the white is better for videos and conversely the black. Get the one you like and is the least distracting.
  9. thread starter macrumors regular

Jan 5, 2011
    In the end I ended up going with the black one and it does blend a lot better than my previous white iPad.
  10. macrumors G3

Jul 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    If you will only watch videos get black, if you will do a variety of things get the color you like.