iPad iPad 4 case

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by testdrive, Nov 4, 2012.

1. macrumors member

I've been searching around for some nice iPad 4 cases. Are the iPad 3 and iPad 4 cases going to be exactly the same or will the lightning connector make a difference?

2. macrumors member

They are interchangeable as the only exterior difference is the connector, you'll just have a slightly bigger hole due to the 30 pin being larger. I'm looking for some kind of case as well but it doesn't look like companies are releasing ipad 4 specific cases.

3. macrumors regular

yea apparently nobody is going to make a case just for the ipad 4 with a smaller cut-out at the bottom for the lightning connector, keeping the large cut-out for the 30-pin connector.

This annoys me. I want as much of the back covered as possible. These companies make hundreds of different shapes and cutouts. It's not that hard to make one more.

4. macrumors member

Any updates on iPad cases designed with a cutout for the lightning port of the new iPad 4? I ended up going with a hard shell Smart Cover combo from amazon by Khomo designed for the iPad 3 that looks great and has been working flawlessly

5. macrumors 65816

adam044

they will be the same. cutout at the bottom will just be bigger

6. macrumors regular

I'm a big fan of the switcheasy Trig. It's a sleeve, but it converts to a stand as well.

I went through several types of cases, but I love the feel of the naked ipad so I've decided to stick with the sleeve.

7. macrumors member

I think the iPad 3 and iPad 4 cases are the same,i just saw some shops sell cases for iPad 3&4,they said iPad 3 case also fit on 4.I have a iPad 4,and i highly recommend you a shop: lineglory.com, i got my new bluetooth keyboard iPad 4 case there,they are really strong cases supplier,u can find almost all the latest cases there...

8. macrumors member

Dont think so... I believe all iPad 3 accessores can be used for ipad 4 since the lightning connector is smaller than the original charge port...