Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tazdevl

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2010
Early order 64GB Verizon iPad 4 here. Estimated delivery just changed to 11/19 from 11/16. Like others it's apparently hung up in Chengdu or on a slow boat fom China. :D

Veterans Day wouldn't affect shipping from China. Who knows, could be a Chinese customs official waiting on a facilitating payment (he should send me his PP address, happy to grease the wheels with a couple bucks :p).

Given value of the bundles, FedEx could be disseminating some disinformation while in transit to minimize the chance of them being hijacked. Always happens to a couple shipments and makes the news.

* EDIT Called FedEx and there was some sort of pickup exception. No more details. Granted the rep was quoting US pick times and dates until I politely pointed out that Chengdu is 15 hours ahead and the info listed is Chengdu local time. There is a SLIM chance that it could still be delivered Friday according o FedEx.

Last edited:

vainhumility

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2012
I'm so depressed after reading this forum... My delivery date has been firm at the 23rd since 11/8. Am I the only one?

vainhumility

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2012
I have 64gb Verizon as well and it hasn't shipped either. I don't understand why we have such a late date.

emgoodman

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2011
I have 64gb Verizon as well and it hasn't shipped either. I don't understand why we have such a late date.

I'm still hopeful to much earlier - the 19th, 21st at the latest. It does not seem as if any have yet left China. If figure they are being picked up at Foxconn and then scanned into Fed Ex. The ones that already have tracking numbers are just packed into crates and haven't actually moved. Hopefully in the next day or two ours will join them before they all head out overseas.

I got my Preparing for ship email November 8 at 7:00. Even if it takes the full 5 business days to ship then that would be Thursday, 15th. Even with the holiday, I don't think it would then take 8 days to be delivered.

Still, I'd feel better getting my tracking number...

vainhumility

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2012
I'm still hopeful to much earlier - the 19th, 21st at the latest. It does not seem as if any have yet left China. If figure they are being picked up at Foxconn and then scanned into Fed Ex. The ones that already have tracking numbers are just packed into crates and haven't actually moved. Hopefully in the next day or two ours will join them before they all head out overseas.

I got my Preparing for ship email November 8 at 7:00. Even if it takes the full 5 business days to ship then that would be Thursday, 15th. Even with the holiday, I don't think it would then take 8 days to be delivered.

Still, I'd feel better getting my tracking number...

I received my email at 5:33 PM on the 8th but I haven't heard a peep since. Ideally, if AT&T is launching the iPad 4 on Friday, we should get ours on Friday, too. Maybe Monday at the latest. In a perfect world, though.

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
the estimated delivery date is a moving target with me. it hasn't even actually shipped yet, so this is all due to a problem at the factory.

first it was Nov 23
then Nov 16 (upgraded to next-day shipping)
then by itself it's done the following:
then Nov 19, then Nov 21.

i've already changed my Thanksgiving family travel plans twice now to make sure i am there to receive the iPad since FedEx is notorious for just leaving packages on your door step regardless if a signature is required or not. they did it with my iPhone 4S, then refused to go back to pick it up. it was a miracle no one stole it as it sat there for 2 days.

enough is enough. i've had it. i'm calling up Apple this evening and demanding to cancel my order (even though it says Preparing For Shipping - cannot cancel or modify). what does that accomplish for me, as a customer? nothing except being spiteful. i know it will have no impact on Apple, they won't really care. i'll just do what i should have done - buy an iPad 3 refurb and save $150. they'll still get my money, albeit less of it which is even better for me.

if they had just picked a date and stuck with it, i would be less annoyed. still annoyed that i seem to be behind everyone else here despite me ordering within hours that pre-orders went live, but significantly less annoyed than how i am right now

Last edited:

vainhumility

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2012
the estimated delivery date is a moving target with me. it hasn't even actually shipped yet, so this is all due to a problem at the factory.

first it was Nov 23
then Nov 16 (upgraded to next-day shipping)
then by itself it's done the following:
then Nov 19, then Nov 21.

i've already changed my Thanksgiving family travel plans twice now to make sure i am there to receive the iPad since FedEx is notorious for just leaving packages on your door step regardless if a signature is required or not. they did it with my iPhone 4S, then refused to go back to pick it up. it was a miracle no one stole it as it sat there for 2 days.

enough is enough. i've had it. i'm calling up Apple this evening and demanding to cancel my order (even though it says Preparing For Shipping - cannot cancel or modify). what does that accomplish for me, as a customer? nothing except being spiteful. i know it will have no impact on Apple, they won't really care. i'll just do what i should have done - buy an iPad 3 refurb and save $150. they'll still get my money, albeit less of it which is even better for me.

if they had just picked a date and stuck with it, i would be less annoyed. still annoyed that i seem to be behind everyone else here despite me ordering within hours that pre-orders went live, but significantly less annoyed than how i am right now

Wow. They left my 4s at the door too but thankfully I was home and got to it rather quickly. I'm sorry you're so annoyed, but I don't blame you. Luckily I'm going to be home for the next week or two (no family) so I'll be there whenever FedEx decides to deliver my iPad. However, if I were in your situation, I would cancel my order as well.

jcr918

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2012
My order still is sitting in China. I am rather ticked my self. I still have a delivery date of the 19th. If the Ipad comes out in the store on Friday what's the point of even pre ordering it when you don't get it the same day it's in the store.

I am still holding hope that my Ipad 4 will be here Friday but I am really doubtful.

vainhumility

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2012
My order still is sitting in China. I am rather ticked my self. I still have a delivery date of the 19th. If the Ipad comes out in the store on Friday what's the point of even pre ordering it when you don't get it the same day it's in the store.

I am still holding hope that my Ipad 4 will be here Friday but I am really doubtful.

It would be a very happy surprise to have my iPad delivered Friday but with an estimated delivery date of 11/23 I doubt it'll happen.

martchris

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2011
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2011-12/28/content_14343432.htm

So there's a daily fedex flight from chengdu to anchorage Tuesday to Saturday.. If they ship it in the next 6.5hrs, we should get it in time for the 16th(Now it is 12.52am 11/13 local time chengdu and its next flight is scheduled for 11/13 7.13am arriving Anchorage at 11.16pm 11/12 Tuesday local time, giving plenty of time for the US to inspect and ship the products to Memphis on Wednesday or Thursday...).. If it doesn't then everyone probably won't get their iPad till the 19th.. *crossing fingers*.. Mine still stuck in Chengdu since yesterday..

----------

So there's a daily fedex flight from chengdu to anchorage Tuesday to Saturday.. If they ship it in the next 6.5hrs, we should get it in time for the 16th(Now it is 12.52am 11/13 local time chengdu and its next flight is scheduled for 11/13 7.13am arriving Anchorage at 11.16pm 11/12 Tuesday local time, giving plenty of time for the US to inspect and ship the products to Memphis on Wednesday or Thursday...).. If it doesn't then everyone probably won't get their iPad till the 19th.. *crossing fingers*.. Mine still stuck in Chengdu since yesterday..

Oh PS.... Fedex just updated my tracking number to "in transit"... :)

jcr918

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2012
It would be a very happy surprise to have my iPad delivered Friday but with an estimated delivery date of 11/23 I doubt it'll happen.

My delivery date is the 19th. Maybe yours will be in the same crate. Even with mine still being a earlier release date I doubt it will come Friday. I bet about ALL of the first shipments will show up Monday the 19th :mad:

strategist

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2011
Mine just changed to "in Transit" from Chengdu

Just changed in the last 15 minutes or so. I'm thinking next is customs in Alaska. Still the progress is almost exactly the way it was in my previous orders that orginated in China. I'm holding to my prediction of a Friday 16th delivery at my home.

----------

Oh PS.... Fedex just updated my tracking number to "in transit"... :)

martchris

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2011
Just changed in the last 15 minutes or so. I'm thinking next is customs in Alaska. Still the progress is almost exactly the way it was in my previous orders that orginated in China. I'm holding to my prediction of a Friday 16th delivery at my home.

Yep.. as long as Apple didn't put a hold on the shipment like they did with the iPhone 5, where the in transit happened then it went back to local fedex facility, I predict Friday the 16th delivery.. :). Hopefully it will fly out of China in about 6hrs and I believe the next scan will be in Anchorage..

ApplefaninWV

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2012
Status just changed to "In Transit" from Chengdu

had an initial date of 11/16 then moved back to 11/19 .. fingers crossed for 11/16 as I sold my 3rd Gen this week and my kids are losing their minds in an iPad-less world ...

MTShipp

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
Raleigh, North Carolina
Mine has been sitting in Chengdu since Sunday night. Delivery changed from 11/16 to 11/19. It is in route though. Even though the text message I received from Apple said 11/16, I suspect the 19th.

:(

KeepCalmPeople

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles, California
This happens with every new product release. More often than not the product is available in stores before preorders are delivered. If you preordered, remember:
1) you don't have to call around and visit stores trying to get the exact model you want
2) if you don't live near an Apple store, you are not having to deal with 3rd party resellers
3) you are still going to get your product within a week of in-store availability, if not sooner

AzN1337c0d3r

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2010
Mine has been sitting in Chengdu since Sunday night. Delivery changed from 11/16 to 11/19. It is in route though. Even though the text message I received from Apple said 11/16, I suspect the 19th.

:(

Mine from Chengdu is still saying 16th.

jb9217a

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2012

I am in the same boat. Its been almost two days since people here first got their shipping notices and my order still says preparing to ship....my date is for the 21st though. I just want a tracking #! Also my card doesn't show any charge from Apple anymore

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
I am in the same boat. Its been almost two days since people here first got their shipping notices and my order still says preparing to ship....my date is for the 21st though. I just want a tracking #! Also my card doesn't show any charge from Apple anymore

same here. scroll up to the see my frustrations where my delivery date has been a moving target 4 times. this is absolutely ridiculous - pick a date and keep it!!!

i pre-ordered, literally within a matter of hours that pre-ordering went live, an iPad 4, 64GB LTE-Verizon model.

BryceW331

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2009
Ames, Iowa, USA
My 64GB/Black/AT&T iPad has been "Preparing for Shipment" since Saturday afternoon. My card was charged, but the transaction is still "pending." Usually my bank processes transactions in about 1 business day, so I feel like Apple hasn't sent the command to finalize payment.

I called on Thursday and got 2-3 day delivery, and my ship date only changed as a direct result of that to November 21. It was originally scheduled to arrive on November 23 with standard shipping.

I placed my pre-order on October 26 at 2:11am Central Time - approximately 8 minutes after the pre-orders went live (the Apple Online Store was down until about 2:03am). I'm normally a pretty patient guy... but I'm starting to feel some frustration with others getting their tracking numbers before me. Maybe "unloved by Apple" is a more accurate description of my feelings.

MTShipp

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
Raleigh, North Carolina
i pre-ordered, literally within a matter of hours that pre-ordering went live, an iPad 4, 64GB LTE-Verizon model.

I ordered 7 minutes after preorders went live. Same model as you. Mine went to shipping Sunday, said 16th. Changed to 19th yesterday, and as of this writing, it is still in Chengdu, CN.

-- edit

Seconds ago, I refreshed the Fedex page and mine has moved from Chengdu, CN to Guangzhou, CN. Hopefully it leaves for Alaska soon!

Last edited:

strategist

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2011
Delivery just changed again on FedEx tracking...

He has bounced around since the weekend, but I have remained with my original projection. FedEx now shows it left China and scheduled to deliver on the 16th. I ordered the Blk AT&T 64gig unit right as pre order started with Apple. I expect those who ordered when I did will see their's on Friday, too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.