iPad iPad 4 WiFi + cellular UK thread

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mbatty, Nov 20, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Evening Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has any clue on delivery of these to doorsteps/apple stores in the UK?

I pre-ordered, and am still showing dispatch 3-5 business days, delivery 22nd-26th.

Anyone else got anything different?

2. macrumors regular

got the same

3. macrumors member

Same story here. Did either of you have 1-3 day delivery?

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

I am getting a 64GB with engraving + smart cover + 3 sim...

Just says "Processing items: Dispatched 3 - 5 business days, Delivers 22 Nov, 2012 - 26 Nov, 2012...

I've asked for delivery to my place of work though, so hoping for either this Friday or next Monday...

5. macrumors member

That's what mine says, just wondering as I paid £15 for 1-3 day pre 9:30am delivery. I'm awaiting a 16gb. Bought my 3sim from Argos this morning lol.

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, I didn't understand. Didn't even know that option was available.

7. macrumors member

Yeh, I leave the house at 10am so pre 9:30 works well for me. I also thought having 1-3 day delivery wouldn't hurt but it seams it makes no difference.

8. macrumors member

Hi guys, mine is still showing as Processing Items. Despatch in 5 business days with estimated delivery Tues 27/11/12. Ordered 17/11/12.
    I paid the £8 extra for Express delivery but have been told by apple that this will not speed up delivery, and they will arrange refund of the £8 once I receive the ipad.
    iPad 4 LTE 64GB White

----------

Wondering if these may be in the apple stores by Friday? If that's the case I may cancel my order and buy in store

9. macrumors member

Mines just gone from "processing" to "preparing for shipment" :)

10. macrumors newbie

11. macrumors member

It's re-lit my hopes for a Friday delivery now.

12. macrumors newbie

It's happening mate! Ill have my sexy knickers on waiting for the postie tomorrow morn

13. macrumors member

That's not disturbing :p lol! If it arrived tomorrow then I'm not going to work lol

14. macrumors member

Hey guys placed my order 31st october .. today it says preparing for shipment and 22-26Nov however no tracking ID yet .. i'm hoping it arrives tomorrow, however also hoping the black friday sale doesnt have any discounts :confused:

15. macrumors member

Once they have been assigned, stamped etc by the carriers, we will see tracking numbers hopefully.

16. thread starter macrumors newbie

Same here - Friday I'm guessing... :)

17. macrumors member

If there's major discount on Black Friday what are u guys planning on doing? Return and buy one cheaper?

18. macrumors member

I will phone, and try to get refunded the difference on the basis that I would of probably won't of had it till Friday anyway. If they won't, it's not the end of the world, I doubt there will be a huge difference anyway

19. thread starter macrumors newbie

It would be a bit of a slap in the face to offer a considerable discount to the UK customers, the same day that anyone who paid full price gets their hands on their pre-ordered one... It shouldn't be a great deal anyway (hopefully).

20. macrumors member

I reckon it will be "buy an ipad 4, get a half price Smart Cover" or similar..

21. macrumors member

I agree .. i have a feeling the ipad 4 with carrier will be in stores on friday! .. however i do have a feeling that they wont discount it due to them not really having the stock! .. also i spoke to somebody today at apple regarding a refund, and they said they wouldnt do that as it is a one day sale! .. the lady recommended that if there is a discount to return the ipad and purchase another either in store or online at a cheaper price!

22. macrumors 603

The Game 161

Good to know by ordering it won't take long

Will be doing it once I get paid

23. thread starter macrumors newbie

Well that would be a pain in the backside... Think I'd just be happy to have it though, not really fussed unless it was a £50+ discount...

24. macrumors member

@mbatty i know .. if it is 50£ plus im hoping that the stores will have them by friday so then we can all go and buy a cheaper one! .. but who knows apples dates are all a mess this time!

25. thread starter macrumors newbie

It would look TERRIBLE if the same day that pre-orders got shipped, they went on sale discounted... What are they saying for us in the future - Don't pre-order and you'll get them cheaper at the same time? haha...