iPad Air 3 and iPhone 5se to Be Available on March 18 Following March 15 Introduction

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 12, 2016.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Apple is planning to begin selling the upcoming iPad Air 3 and the 4-inch iPhone 5se starting on March 18, reports 9to5Mac. The two devices will be offered in stores and online starting on Friday following their introduction at an event to be held on Tuesday, March 15.

Apple is not expected to accept pre-orders for the two devices, and the short period between announcement and launch suggests Apple expects supplies of the ipad air 3 and iPhone 5se to be plentiful. It is unusual for Apple to offer an iPhone directly after an announcement, but this is the first time the company has launched a standalone non-flagship device.
    Rumors have suggested the iPhone 5se will be similar in appearance to the iPhone 5s, but with the curved cover glass used in the iPhone 6s. It is also expected to include an upgraded A9 processor and an 8-megapixel camera similar to the camera used in the iPhone 6.

The iPad Air 3 is rumored to take on design elements from the iPad Pro, offering a four-speaker layout and a Smart Connector that would work with iPad Air accessories. Size wise, it is expected to be nearly identical to the iPad Air 2, and i may also include a rear-facing flash.

Apple's March event is also expected to see the debut of new bands for the Apple Watch, including a Black Milanese Loop that was spotted on the Czech Republic Apple Store website in January. Software currently in testing, including iOS 9.3, watchOS 2.2, OS X 10.11.4, and tvOS 9.2 could be unveiled shortly after the event.

Article Link: iPad Air 3 and iPhone 5se to Be Available on March 18 Following March 15 Introduction

2. fel10 macrumors 65816

fel10

I'm excited for the new iPad this year. Definitely upgrading my air.

3. Popeye206 macrumors 68040

Popeye206

Looking forward to seeing the new iPad.... also would like to see a new MacBook or two.... both are on my shopping list.

4. Crosscreek macrumors 68020

Crosscreek

I hope that isn't the camera that Tim was using.

5. barnesy99 macrumors member

6. nia820 macrumors 68000

nia820

Looking forward to a new ipad. Hopefully the up upgrades are actually worth buying a new one. But I seriously hope the 4 inch iphone isn't called 5se. That's just a horrible name. 6c would be much better.

7. Wahlstrm, Feb 12, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2016

Wahlstrm macrumors 6502a

I want a new "smaller than iPhone 6" iPhone but when they release it 6 months before the iPhone 7, then it´s almost worth it to wait and see if they might fixed the big-bezel-mania of the flagship..

8. coolfactor macrumors 68030

Please let this be true, because this will be my new phone. My iPhone 4 is showing its age.

9. chriscrowlee macrumors 6502a

chriscrowlee

Yeah I'd love to see a redesigned Macbook Pro Retina. With the lack of rumors and the fact that we've seen no leaks of parts, etc, it would seem unrealistic to expect a March refresh, unless it's just a spec bump. A spec bump would surprise me though with Apple pushing the new keyboard style, USB-C, battery design, etc. Maybe WWDC?

10. Dapsol macrumors newbie

Will there be no new Macbooks in the March 15 introduction?

11. longofest Editor emeritus

longofest

Personally, more looking forward to new 15" Skylake MacBook Pros.

12. raymondkerr macrumors regular

i would upgrade my Air 2 to a 3 if their was support for the pencil, but I have a feeling it won't be in this years upgrade.

13. profets macrumors 68020

On sale 5 weeks from today. Like all other hardware ramp ups and launches, I'll be surprised if we don't see some part leaks soon.

14. X38 macrumors 6502

Definitely wanting to update my 5S, but last year's leftovers aren't going to cut it. There had better be a 4" version of the iPhone 7 this fall, or I'm holding out for another year. Get it through your thick head Tim, there's plenty of people who want a flagship phone that isn't phablet sized.

15. rockinrony macrumors member

rockinrony

That's the reason people says Apple cant innovate anymore. Like earlier days they are not interested in stepping into future technology. They are more interested in making cheaper products, pack old things in new packet to get more sales and gain money with bigger market share

16. ParanoidDroid, Feb 12, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2016

ParanoidDroid macrumors 6502

ParanoidDroid

No chance for the SKYLAKE 12" MacBook update? :(

[​IMG]

Who cares about new watch bands... ?

17. mr.bee macrumors 6502a

mr.bee

Definitely considering dumping the iPhone 6s for this iPhone.

18. misterpip macrumors member

Counting down the days til i can upgrade my 5 year old iPad 2.

19. Tymmz macrumors 65816

Tymmz

Bring on the 5se...my hard earned money is waiting to be spent.

And if Apple offers a battery case, I will put that in my basket as well.

20. Tech198 macrumors G3

This should please the masses.

no pre-orders and a mere 2 to 3 day waiting period.....Apple must really have gone nuts this time. First time for everything, but someone in the supply chain must have been very pleased with themselves for this to happen.

21. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

If the new Air supports the Pencil, sold.

If it doesn't, I'm not really sure what I'm going to do.

22. navaira macrumors 68030

navaira

You surely meant to say Samsung.

23. Gasu E. macrumors 68040

Gasu E.

"Horrible" = "causing or likely to cause horror; shocking". Are you filled with horror? How do you feel about, say, genocide?

24. Cuban Missles macrumors 68040

Cuban Missles

It's also unusual for Apple to say they are launching a product and then not having it available in stores on launch date. But hey we have Angela to shake things up, right?

25. soupcan macrumors 6502a

soupcan

Skylake MBPs with a half-decent GPU please, instead of the middle-of-the-road options we've had for oh I don't know, ever?