iPad Air Freezing

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by susa, Dec 1, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

There is frequently no response when I touch a link, and nothing appears when I type. Also can't scroll during these times with 1 finger. Two fingers works somewhat clumsily.
    I do have quite a few Safari windows open, but this never happened on my mini, same kind of use on it all of last year. This only started happening yesterday, approx. 2 weeks after receiving the Air.
    I can bring it back to normal with a hard restart, but I really don't want to be slowed down by doing that all the time.

Also after reading all the raves about Notability, I got it, and it is the only app that is slow to open. Really disappointed 'cause I want to get my thoughts, refs, and notes down quickly on the fly. Had Bamboo before, and it always opened in a flash.

Could this be related to the newer OS upgrade or did I get a bad iPad? Is this happening to any one else? Thanks for any and all info/suggestions.

2. macrumors newbie

3. thread starter macrumors regular

Woohoo, thank you! That addresses both of my problems. They are connected. Excellent. Thank you. Thank you :)