Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nogopurple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2016
This is an odd one. My Ipad Air1 will no longer charge. The battery health is around 86%. I thought it was a charge port issue or maybe a logic board but now I don't know.

Will not charge if IOS is running. It will only charge while it is shutdown. The problem is the Ipad really wants to be powered on, so it take a while to get it stable in the off position in order to charge at all.

Happened after I updated to 10.1, since then I have updated to 10.1.1.

Took to Apple, and they wanted to just replace the unit for $250. I wish I grabbed a BF deal but didn't
I then took it to a Mobile repair place. They replaced the logic board and the charge port and it still will not charge. I feel it is a software issue, but I have DFU restored (as a new Ipad) and still no go. Just curious if anyone else has seen this.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Have you tried a dfu restore to rule outa software issue?

Cleaned the charge port?

Checked the charger isn't duff?

nogopurple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2016
Official Apple Cable, cleaned the charge port, even had apple and a mobile repair shop check it. I did a DFU restore I believe. Where Home and Power is pushed till a connect to Itunes is displayed. I restored "As new Ipad". I have a multitude of apple devices at home, so we know the cables work and are official. I am stumped.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Official Apple Cable, cleaned the charge port, even had apple and a mobile repair shop check it. I did a DFU restore I believe. Where Home and Power is pushed till a connect to Itunes is displayed. I restored "As new Ipad". I have a multitude of apple devices at home, so we know the cables work and are official. I am stumped.
Then the charge circuit is faulty. So you have to either live with it or pay for the repair mate

nogopurple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2016
I am willing to pay for a repair. Just need to find someone that can complete the replacement for a reasonable cost.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.