All iPads Ipad and applecare+

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jatindrj, Dec 27, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

I have an ipad 1st gen with an applecare I got as a gift that is almost up. It has a cracked screen. I know they don't make anymore so I am wondering if I bring it in will I be getting a refurb, ipad 2, or the new ipad.

Second, if I get the 4th gen and two years from now I am in the same situation, is the same outcome likely to occur?

2. macrumors 65832

SR45

You won't get a brand new iPad 4 nor iPad 3, and most likely will get a refurb iPad 1 unless you get lucky, and they don't have one that was returned/refurbished, than maybe an iPad 2....

Same with question #2

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok thanks. Is it worth just getting the refurb or ipad 2 or just get a new one? I'm on the fence about gettin the protection on my next one cuz ill likely upgrade in 2-3 years anyway

4. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Get the iPad 2 under AC+, sell it off unopened, and get a 4.

5. macrumors 6502a

One thing people do not realize about the AppleCare plans is that you can transfer them to another like device. I had an iPad 3 with AppleCare + and I sold it to a friend. I did not include the AppleCare + instead I contacted Apple and they let me transfer my remaining 18 months to my iPad 4.