iPad apps will NOT update!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by eroxx, Mar 22, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

Jul 27, 2010
    I have tried everything - restarting, syncing with itunes, etc ... my iPad (new iPad) shows the apps "waiting" ... What can I do?!?!?!
  2. macrumors 68030

Jun 30, 2010

Seriously, it seems to be happening to a lot of others. Just try waiting.
  3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jul 27, 2010
    it's been 2 days :) off and on, I haven't been in wireless the whole time, but still!
  4. macrumors 6502a

Sep 7, 2009
    Anchorage, AK
    A couple of things going on here:

1. With a lot of people picking up new iPads and downloading directly to the devices, it's causing a massive hit on Apple's iTunes servers.

2. You can pause/resume any/all pending downloads by just tapping on the icon. One tap will pause the download, one will resume. Sometimes you can just pause all of the apps except one and then it will start downloading again. This seems to be because all the apps are trying to queue for download at once, overwhelming the connection to the iTunes store that authorizes the downloads.
  5. macrumors 68030

Oct 17, 2007
    Fort Worth, TX
    Sometimes when you've got multiple downloads going on, it will create a "lag" -- also it could well be updating them, you only see "Waiting" on the ones that have not caught up in the download queue yet. I would recommend giving it some time, at least 30 minutes if you have a bunch of apps to update at once, and a slow connection.

Another thing could be a connection problem grabbing one of the apps off of Apple's servers which is stalling the process altogether.
  6. macrumors 6502a

Sep 19, 2008
    It's no lag or some server backup. I had this happen for over a month a while ago. It eventually fixed itself but it was annoying.
  7. macrumors 6502a

Aug 8, 2010
    tap the app's that say "waiting", then tap again, and it will resume.
  8. macrumors 6502a

Sep 16, 2008
    This is a known issue, read the apple support forums for TONS of replies. Nothing you can do, Apple's end problem.
  9. macrumors member

Oct 18, 2011
    Here's what u do:

Reset network settings

Works like a charm.
  10. macrumors 68000

Feb 14, 2005
    Northern Ireland
    I've been pulling my hair out with this issue for the last few days and tried just about everything. What worked for me was to go to

Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings.

As soon as I did this the issue was fixed and I haven't experienced it since.