Ipad around the house question

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by richxps, Jul 2, 2010.

1. macrumors 65816

Jun 9, 2008
    Hi all, if you just use your ipad in your home only do you have any sort of case for it ? Or a sleeve type case or just keep it naked ?
    Im trying to decide if i should put it in something when not in use.
  2. macrumors newbie

Jun 27, 2010
    I keep my in the original box when not in use until my cases arrive. It seems like it would scratch easily so I'm being carefull.
  3. macrumors 68040

Jan 11, 2007
    North Central Florida
    Mine currently resides in a Speck Candy Shell and sits wherever i happen to put it when i'm not using it. Often on my pillow or the ironing board in the kitchen.
  4. macrumors regular

Feb 13, 2008
    I use the Apple case, in fact my iPad stays in there all the time.
  5. macrumors 65816

Sep 28, 2007
    Nope, no case needed. No scratches or problems since launch day.
  6. macrumors 68020

Jun 20, 2010
    I use the MacAlly Bookstand when I'm going to be doing typing. Otherwise, it goes naked, and I use a TwelveSouth BookArc stand by my bed to keep it out of the way when not in use. No issues.
  7. macrumors 68030

Jun 19, 2010
    Ft Lauderdale
    Our house iPad stays in the kitchen in a cookbook page holder type rack in the apple case...had it in a back type case but wife and kids like the tilt feature of the case
  8. macrumors 6502

Mar 18, 2008
  9. macrumors newbie

May 26, 2010
    I have a Yoobao case also, but I think any apple case knock-off that is well-made should do the job (including the apple case, of course).
    I like the functionality and some protection that the case provides, and the ability to prop it up on my lap/table/anywhere is great.
  10. macrumors regular

May 13, 2008
    I have tried a few case but I hate the extra bulk and awkwardness of use. I have powersupport screen protector and a SGP carbon skin on the back. I use it a lot in bed and I find it much easier to use without a case. Sitting on the lounge or desk I simply prop it up on my reading glasses case since I always have them with me.

I have a slim Cygnett slip protector which lives in my manbag for transport.
  11. macrumors member

May 23, 2010
    Mine sits in a belkin grip vue... That way I can pretty much set it anywhere. I also have a belkin pleated sleeve to throw it in when I take it out. I have been very happy with the set up so far.
  12. macrumors regular

Nov 10, 2009
    Elk Grove, CA
    Ditto. With infants around it stays in the Apple case all the time.
  13. macrumors member

Apr 15, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    No nudists in my house . . .Macally bookstand 24-7 . . .which BTW is starting to wear after two months :-/
  14. macrumors newbie

Mar 12, 2010
    At home, with my books (the iPad inside a DODOcase)
  15. macrumors 68020

May 24, 2007
    Mine's naked. I think I'll get a dock though for when I'm not using it.
  16. macrumors newbie

Apr 7, 2010
    Mine went naked for the first several weeks while I decided on a case. I wanted a case for help with typing more than anything else. I had no scratch issues from using the naked iPad. When I took it somewhere I slipped it into a pocket/envelope I had made out of a spare Domke camera wrap, which is a padded square you can fold into all sorts of contortions. I use those to turn regular bags into DSLR bags so I had several lying around, but I would buy one just for the iPad to travel around in in the future if I was going to keep the iPad naked otherwise.