Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JS82189

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 30, 2010
Anyone know if there are any companies looking to use iPad as a synth or atleast do some iPad jaunt?

I think iPad would make a godlike Logic controller as well, or even run logic on its own!

NeuralControl

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2009
The iPad is not going to run Logic any time soon. It doesn't even run GarageBand. Apple is not positioning it as a professional device.
However, it would be an amazing Logic controller. I'd love to see it have some functionality in GarageBand, too.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
The iPad is not going to run Logic any time soon.

It will happen within a few days. Controlling Logic that is. The iPad is not powerfull enough to run logic

Logic can be controlled by any MIDI control surface. All that is needed is for someone to write an app for the iPad. And guess what? Such an app is available today for iPhone. This is being ported to iPad. Should be available within days. Look here:

u-tube of logic controlled from iPhone

JS82189

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 30, 2010
My iPad is hungry for synths!!

hopefully all of the current touch-screen synth makers will be putting an iPad app out, id easily pay GOOD money for a GOOD synth

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.