Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stashcat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2015
Hi I have the iPad mini with retna display. 16 gb space gray- the first one that they made with the retna display. I've had it for maybe a year if not less and last week the battery started draining much much faster. I was watching Netflix last night as I always do and I woke up and plugged it in at like 3-4am and put it to sleep and went back to bed. I woke up at 11 and when I looked at it at 12 I saw that it was only 99% which is kind of strange. So I left it charging for the rest of the day and came back (it was still plugged in with the battery glowing green with no apps open) it said 76%. It was 99 in the morning and charged all day without me using it. This has never happened to me before and I have no clue what I should do :/ thx

Sorry for the long thing it's my first time and I'm bad at this lol

Stashcat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2015
Hi I have the iPad mini with retna display. 16 gb space gray- the first one that they made with the retna display. I've had it for maybe a year if not less and last week the battery started draining much much faster. I was watching Netflix last night as I always do and I woke up and plugged it in at like 3-4am and put it to sleep and went back to bed. I woke up at 11 and when I looked at it at 12 I saw that it was only 99% which is kind of strange. So I left it charging for the rest of the day and came back (it was still plugged in with the battery glowing green with no apps open) it said 76%. It was 99 in the morning and charged all day without me using it. This has never happened to me before and I have no clue what I should do :/ thx

Sorry for the long thing it's my first time and I'm bad at this lol
I have iOS 8 by the way

s2mikey

Suspended
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
Did you recently get a new app or is it possible that an app is doing work in the background? Did a setting get turned on that used to be off before? These are the easy places to start for this kind of thing. Bluetooth being on and location services being on will always be doing stuff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.