iPad Case Gallery

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by GadgetX, Mar 29, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

Mar 6, 2010
  2. macrumors 6502

Mar 19, 2010
    Nice link... thank you very much for posting it.
  3. macrumors regular

Sep 2, 2008
    Thanks for the link!

it's nice to see all the cases next to eachother to compare. I dunno, I think I just need to wait and use the ipad for a little while so I can figure out what kind of case would be most practical for my use. I don't know if I want to keep it in a case at all times, or if i want a case just for travel.

I still think I like the Apple case best right now. Seems like it would protect the ipad well enough while still being relatively unobtrusive.
  4. macrumors 6502

Jul 24, 2009
    some of those are pretty tight, I'm personally interested in an Incase neoprene sleeve, and possibly some type of protection for the back, for when its placed on a table
  5. macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

Nov 24, 2009
  6. macrumors 6502a

May 15, 2006
    I ordered a case from Vaja. Always had a thing for their cases.
  7. macrumors 6502

Oct 14, 2008
    believe it or not i'm gonna use a letter sized leather legal pad folio putting velcro in the right spots for now
    the thing is just smaller than letter sized, no?
    but i'm sure i will find the case that works for me, soon, eventually
    thanks for the link
  8. macrumors member

Mar 13, 2010
    I'm waiting for some of the other Vaja cases to come out. I'm more interested in a Folio-like case than a sleeve, and it looks like Vaja has some coming.
  9. macrumors regular

Feb 22, 2010
  10. macrumors 601

Oct 19, 2005
    they are nice. at this point the apple is still my fav
  11. thread starter macrumors regular

Mar 6, 2010
    You're very welcome to everyone who said thanks!

I still haven't decided on a case, I bought a cheap sleeve off ebay to hold me over until some real reviews come in for different cases.
  12. macrumors 6502

Mar 16, 2010
    your case looks nice but it misses two things that apple case has:
    1) bottom edge is naked. if you drop on concret, the case won't protect the edge.

2) No angle position for typing.

I looked at all of these cases, and I don't see any that are better than apple case in term of features and style.
  13. thread starter macrumors regular

Mar 6, 2010
    Did that really require 3 different posts?

But anyways I believe the marware case does off the same angle for typing that the Apple case does, the image is just down on the site.
  14. macrumors 6502a

Apr 7, 2007
    Agreed. I already have mine preordered...but still keeping an eye out for anything that might be better in the meantime.
  15. macrumors regular

Feb 22, 2010
    1) Not sure about the naked edge, or if there is some overlap. It is a good observation.

2) There is a fold down stand in the inside cover, so when it is folded back and the stand is put down, it can indeed be used as a typing stand. This was one of my major requirements.

3) I also pre-ordered an iPad. It looks great, but there were some comments from after the keynote about the quality only seeming mediocre. I figure I will get both and return the one I like least. I would prefer leather.
  16. macrumors demi-god

Dec 21, 2008
    Their folio case seems nice but the edges seem very exposed :eek: . I really like their sleeve but I can't convince my self that I need a sleeve instead of a folio..
  17. macrumors 6502

Jun 16, 2009
    This case basically is copying apples idea, i'm not sure which one i like better, but apples will probably be perfect since they actually have the Ipad to fit it and such.