Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EMAN19

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
New York, NY
Leisure games like Cut the Rope and Words With Friends are fun to play on the go or when you're looking to kill some time on your break at work. But I've noticed that the iPad has rekindled my old gaming habit. I haven't played video games this much since the days of PS2, back in 2003. :eek:

FIFA 13, Mass Effect, Modern Combat 4, Bastion, MetalStorm, Bladeslinger and Real Racing 2 are just a few games that I play regularly!

Anyone experience the same thing? What are some of your favorite games on iPad?

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2012
California
I can relate, OP. I played draw something for nearly 2.5 hours straight yesterday -- I literally contemplated as to whether or not I should delete the app because of how much time I waste on it, haha.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
Im writing a complaining letter to POPCAP because PVZ 2 has us waiting too long already.

Ashin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
Being jailbroken is better, which the mini lacks.

I play SNES, PSX, PSP, Nintendo DS games on my Nexus 7.

Feels good

silver8ack

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2010
I agree OP. I just downloaded Aralon(basically Elder Scrolls for iOS). No telling if I'll ever look up from my ipad again.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Yes.

Real Racing 2
Infinity Blade
Galaxy on Fire 2 <- over 50 hours played
Anomaly: Warzone
Deadspace
Batman Lockdown
Shadowgun
Swordigo
Dead Trigger
Sacred Odyssey
Dungeon Hunter 2

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
I'm back on the Real Racing 2 circuit -- now in HD on my Mini. Hadn't played it since last winter on my iPhone.

Just the other day it dawned on me to play online (local) with my kids, letting them use my old Touch. Of course, they have to use the 4cyl intro car while I drive a GT. :D

Regards,
Tom

CandyNJ66

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2009
USA
Buying my Mini definitely made me buy more games! I game much more than when I had a full sized iPad!

I love Hay Day
Happy Street
Arcane Legends
Dead Trigger
Tons more

FrozenDarkness

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2009
Being jailbroken is better, which the mini lacks.

I play SNES, PSX, PSP, Nintendo DS games on my Nexus 7.

Feels good

eh jailbreak will come eventually

although i must say i never enjoyed any emulator games on my tablet. especially given the quality of games on mobile platform these days i don't see a reason to ever think back.

Final Fantasy Dimensions
Horn
Rayman Run
Heroes O&C (LoL clone)

are just some of the games i play regularly. adding grand theft auto vice city on soon too

Cancelled
Dec 10, 2009
'Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition' has me absolutely hooked on iPad gaming. The last two I was relatively addicted to were 'Sid Meier's Pirates' and 'Galaxy on Fire 2'. Some of the point-and-click adventures are good fun as well, like 'Broken Sword'.

WilliamLondon

macrumors 68000
Dec 8, 2006
I haven't turned my PS3 on since I got my mini. My favourites include:

The Room (obviously! when are they going to update this with more?!?!)
Doors&Rooms (much harder than The Room but good fun)
Jar on a Bar (love this!)

Downloaded Asphalt 7 (free! what amazing graphics but wow is this app huge ~1.5GB)

I think the iPad is such a great gaming device, I'd love to see some of these games end up on the ATV using a new BT game controller next year. Possible??

cnev3

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2012
Sky Gamblers: Storm Raiders

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

Need For Speed: Most Wanted

Scribblenauts

Infinity Blade II

Galaxy On Fire 2 HD

*These games are awesome, and support iCloud which you will love if you have an iPhone or iPod Touch too.

here2rock

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2012
Australia
No I am the other way, I have stopped playing games since I had my iPad. I used to play games to kill the time and now I am spending more time net surfing on the iPad. I find the games boring on iPad, real gamers use consoles or PCs for games.

WhySoSerious

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Dallas, TX
No I am the other way, I have stopped playing games since I had my iPad. I used to play games to kill the time and now I am spending more time net surfing on the iPad. I find the games boring on iPad, real gamers use consoles or PCs for games.

I agree with this.

I found that since I got the iPad a year ago, I spend more time surfing the net and youtube and less time gaming on the iPad. To me, the mass majority of the games are boring on the iPad. I only play chess, words with friends, letter press and poker. I do the rest of my gaming on the PS3 (MK9, BF3, BO2, EA Sports games).

ziggo

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2008
What's the best RPG that is currently available in the App Store (NOT named Infinity Blade) I'm looking for one an epic story

dancj

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2012
Yeah - I'm playing way more games on the iPad.

Plants vs Zombies HD
Galaxy on Fire HD
Real Racing 2
Swordigo
Infinity Blade 2
N.O.V.A 3
Modern Combat 3
Shadowgun
Epoch
Asphalt 6
Magic 2013
Tiny Defense
Dead Space
Another World (on the third platform I've had it on)
Death Rally

EMAN19

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
New York, NY
These are all great games, guys! Aralon, Infinity Blade, Sky Gamblers, etc.

I just downloaded Knights of Pen & Paper! It costs $1.99 so I hope it's good! :p

Mass Effect: Infiltrator is by far the best, though! I

'm thinking of downloading Galaxy on Fire 2 HD. I wish the older Final Fantasy games were cheaper. I'm a huge fan of that RPG series.

Ziggo: make sure to check out Bastion, too.

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Leisure games like Cut the Rope and Words With Friends are fun to play on the go or when you're looking to kill some time on your break at work. But I've noticed that the iPad has rekindled my old gaming habit. I haven't played video games this much since the days of PS2, back in 2003. :eek:

FIFA 13, Mass Effect, Modern Combat 4, Bastion, MetalStorm, Bladeslinger and Real Racing 2 are just a few games that I play regularly!

Anyone experience the same thing? What are some of your favorite games on iPad?

TOTALLY AGREED! I too quit playing console games around 2003 and switched to some first person shooters for Mac but then the iPad came along and I started playing more games. Its games like Modern Combat and Real Racing that are honestly very close to a console experience in your hands. Plus the games are under 10 bucks.

P.S. I know serious console gamers will laugh at my statements but I find playing a first person shooter on the iPad much easier than using two imprecise analog sticks. And I guarantee a mouse and keyboard is even better. Put a PC gamer up against any console gamer and the PC gamer will blow everyone away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.