Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tex-Twil

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 28, 2008
Berlin
Hello,
when I drag and drop in XCode the icon that I want to use for iPad, I get this message :

The file "/Users/me/xworkspace/MyProj/MyProj/Resources/Icon-72.png" already exists in your project, but the launch image must have the name "Icon-72.png". The file will be copied and added to your project as "Icon-72.png". Do you want to continue?

What is that supposed to mean ?

jnoxx

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2010
Aartselaar // Antwerp // Belgium
yea, i have that too..
U just have to delete it from your project, and then drag and drop, because it will create a new instance, it's really stupid. but well. it works afterwards ;)
So just have it on your desktop, remove it in your Xcode project; then drag and drop on Icon file, and tada. should work like a charm

Tex-Twil

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 28, 2008
Berlin
What is annoying is that xcode puts those icons in the root folder of the project :( Isn't there a way to keep the icons where they are ? e.g. Resources folder

Tex-Twil

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 28, 2008
Berlin
Nope, just drag and drop in there again :) I know it sux.. What you could do, is drag them into resources, and then onto your icon, does that still work?

no matter what I do, the iPadIcon.png ends up in the root folder. Well, I'll have to live with that :) It's not bad, just annoying

thanks for your help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.