Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yodaxl7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2010
The product as itself is awesome! A tablet pc needs to start somewhere. Microsoft tried and failed badly. They did what you wanted, but it costed too much and battery life was awful. Microsoft stuff the tablet with an operating system meant for desktop chip. The Ipad is not meant to be pocketable. The iphone os is a mobile version, multi-touch version of OS X. It was coded to operate on a low power chip on the iphone and ipod touch. The iphone, ipod touch are the babies or the birth of something incredible. The ipad is the toddler of what we eventually want a man or woman to be. The 2nd or 3rd gen of the Ipad will be what you "geeks" want an itablet to be. However, to see such a tablet, this Ipad need to succeed in the market. The first gen Ipad appears to be great at providing speed in doing web browsing, play music, display photos, means for reading, and gaming and more. So, be patient. We geeks will get ours in time!!

MecPro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2009
London
I still think there should have been some consolidation for flash and an improved way of shifting through open apps

I'll stay semi confident, but I don't know if this 1st gen is going to muster too much general appreciation

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.