1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

iPad keeps restarting

Discussion in 'iPad' started by spikescot2005, Aug 24, 2010.

1. macrumors member

I have an iPad that keeps restarting.

I see the Apple logo then here the bleep, a blank screen and then the Apple logo again.

Any ideas?

2. macrumors 6502

Restore to last update point? Full restore? Home button and top button at the same time for 20 seconds or so?

Sounds like a weird problem but I'd try the obvious first.

3. macrumors newbie

iPad keeps restarting - same problem

I have been getting the same problem over the last five days. I have tried resetting (home and top button together) which sometimes helps for a while, but without that it keeps cycling to the Apple logo.
    After a couple of goes at that I did a full restore, with better functioning for a short while, but I have now identified that whenever I try to watch video - sometimes after 10 - 20 min, sometimes much sooner, the screen flashes to a stripey white, then black, then the logo, and just stays there. Resetting, waiting a while, then restarting can allow me to use other apps, but if I start up YouTube, or the video player, pretty soon the flash to black occurs again.
    Time to go to the Apple Store?:(

4. macrumors 65816

Maybe you need to do a full restore and setup as new to see if it's hardware issue.

5. macrumors newbie

Yeah, I did that. It didn't help. Definitely a hardware issue.
    Spoke to AppleCare today, and they arranged for me to get a replacement iPad2, which I am restoring from backup as I type.
    Thanks for the advice.:)