iPad keeps syncing unwanted iPhone apps onto it!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by alexjholland, Feb 5, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

Hey, I have both an iPad2 and iPhone4, which both sync to my iMac.

I have a big collection of apps for both. Naturally when I got my iPad (my most recent purchase) and synced it, I deleted off all my iPhone-only applications because they look awful on an iPad.

Great, for several months. Now, suddenly it loads all my iPhone apps I deleted off (about four pages worth) every time I sync.

I painstakingly deleted every single one from the iPad itself last week, but it's done it again when I've synced!

Why is this and how do I solve it?

2. macrumors 68040

dontwalkhand

Uncheck sync applications on the Mac, on the screen with the iPad.

3. macrumors 65816

adnbek

Weird, it should remember what you've deleted so that it doesn't resync them again. Did you happen to upgrade the OS or restored in those few months? Maybe the iPad "forgot" what was deleted so resynced them again.

Does it keep doing it now?

4. thread starter macrumors regular

Well I don't want to turn off 'sync applications', because I like my newly purchased apps loading on all devices.

Perhaps it's coincidence, but this seemed to start around the time I activated wireless syncing on both devices. I turned this feature off (which wasn't particularly useful anyway as I use my iMac's universal dock regularly) and it seems to have done the trick for now.

5. macrumors 65816

odinsride

There's an option called "Automatically Sync New Applications" or something similar. If you uncheck that you shouldn't get any newly purchased iPhone apps syncing to your iPad. Also I've found it best to manage apps through iTunes instead of on the device (found similar issues with deleting apps re-appearing)

6. macrumors newbie

I am having the same freaking issue and its driving me insane! I too have the "automatically sync new apps" unchecked but it still does it every time. Any more ideas on how to fix?

7. macrumors 601

You have to deselect the apps you don't want when your device is connected to iTunes.

8. thread starter macrumors regular

I'm afraid I can't remember how I fixed it!