1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

All iPads iPad/Keynote users - go wireless...

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by glen e, Feb 19, 2013.

1. macrumors 68030

Was watching a presentation last week and the guy was walking around the room running his slides from his Mini, holding the pad. All it took was an Apple TV and Airport into his VGA projector. The key was setting the pad to Mirror with a right swipe....no outside WiFi needed.....worked perfectly...

2. Cptnodegard, Feb 19, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2013

macrumors 6502

You don't even need the Airport if you have a device that has wifi hotspot functionality. Been wanting to go this route myself, but it's a bit too complicated for the price

3. macrumors regular

xDKP

Now you say VGA projector... How would you use anything other than VGA on the AppleTV?

4. macrumors 68030

I have hotspot on my phone but don't want the data usage for 8 -9 hours while I present. The airport is free.

----------

Apple TV is HDMI out...I'll let you figure out the rest....

5. macrumors 6502

You only use data if you access the web while tethered. Otherwise it's a local connection. There's also a jailbreak app that allows you to connect to a WiFi network while also sharing that connection over wifi.

Apple TV has HDMI, so it's actually VGA that's more difficult to get on it. You do that with something like
    http://www.kanexlive.com/atvpro

6. macrumors regular

xDKP

Of course that's what I meant. How to get VGA connected

7. macrumors 68030