iPad mini iPad Mini & App store password

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dojoman, Jan 11, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502a

When you download free apps on iPad Mini do you have to enter iTunes password? Mine doesn't ask for it, but I downloaded the same app on my iPad 3 and iPhone and it asked for password. Both devices have the same settings. Is there a setting that I missed?

2. macrumors 6502

I don't think you have to put in your password (anymore) if you're downloading a previously-downloaded app with the same apple ID...

3. macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

If the App Store says 'Install', then it doesn't require a password even it was a paid app. If you're downloading a new free or paid app, it does require your password. (Unless you've just signed in and new apps won't require a password.)

4. PJ.
    macrumors member

Least you don't need a password entered for app updates anymore. I am guessing they didn't change that to include free is for parents not wishing their kids to download free apps that have IAP and then get pestered to get them. Maybe or I could be totally way off!

5. macrumors member

rahul247rocks

Lately I have seen this happening as well. I downloaded lots of free apps on my iPad 3 and for some of them the App Store never asked for a password. Can't figure out what's the exact problem.

6. macrumors 6502

If you've recently entered your password it isn't going to ask you for it again to download a subsequent app.

7. thread starter macrumors 6502a

The Free apps were not previously downloaded or I have entered the password recently. It didn't ask for password even if I hadn't entered iTunes password in days. But this is not the case on my iPhone. I have to re-enter password.