iPad mini Ipad Mini for Gaming

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mrmarts, Apr 19, 2013.

1. mrmarts, Apr 19, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2013

macrumors 65816

Hey all

I did a quick search to see if someone had already posted this, so I hope I'am not double posting. i have recently sold my iPad 3 for more storage and am at the crossroads of whether to go for the next gen Mini or iPad.

I already have bought tones of games but reading here and on the net they say the Mini cannot handle graphical demanding games. My question is what are demanding games for the iPad? recently i bought games like mini gore 2, cut the rope time travels, fish out of water and plan on getting oceanhorn in the near future.

Hence if i go for a Mini, would i be able to continue enjoying my games and new ones like those on a full sized iPad.

2. macrumors 6502a

Oh boohickey!

I've played some of the most graphically intensive games on my Mini and to my surprise they actually play smoother than on my iPad 3, go for it, I guess the only caveat is the lower resolution

3. thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for the feedback, i will wait for the 2nd gen Mini, hopeful it will come with a retina display.

4. macrumors member

Yep the Mini is the better option here

5. macrumors 68020

I've been playing Galaxy on Fire 2 HD on my mini the past week, and it plays great. Although I do get occasional crashes from time to time.