iPad mini iPad Mini from U.S. on UK Cellular.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MacUser09, Jan 18, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

A friend has brought me a 64Gb WiFi + Cellular Pad Mini from the U.S., Model A1454.

I just checked Apple's website, and it shows that LTE on this model (A1454) will only work in Canada.

If I get the receipt from him, and take it to a UK Apple store unopened, is it possible that they will exchange it?

2. macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

I highly doubt it.

3. PDE
    macrumors 68020

I highly doubt it too. Best bet is to have someone take it back to the US and exchange it for a verizon. Or just live with 3G speeds in the UK...they're not that bad and LTE is still in its infancy.

4. macrumors 68030

Nope, the part won't exist in UK inventory.

5. thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys...I think that I will keep it, and just use it on 3G as and when I need it.

6. macrumors 6502

He bought it from the US but LTE will only work in Canada? How come?

7. macrumors member

Will a Verizon iPad mini work in UK then??

8. thread starter macrumors regular

When you buy a WiFi and Cellular iPad in the U.S., you have to get one that works on your particular network, due to different wavelengths.

There are different iPad Mini models A1454, and A1455 being two of them. Mine is A1454.

If you go to the following Apple webpage, you will see what I mean: http://www.apple.com/ipad/LTE/

As someone has stated here, he should have got the Sprint/Verizon model. My friend said that he did ask, but was told no problem. :-(