iPad mini iPad Mini is much better then my iPad 3.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Hello..., Nov 4, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

Hello...

I owned a iPad 3 since launch day,and every gen going back, I now have the mini and sold my iPad 3 with out regrets.

The iPad mini is an amazing light and then iPad.
    The screen is fine people are making too much drama over the screen.
    I am truly happy I sold my iPad 3 and moved to the I think it's a much better choice for me as it's lighter and easier to store and travel with.

2. macrumors member

After the mini the full sized MAXiPad is like holding a PC monitor and so much heavier, feels terrible!

3. macrumors regular

After the retina display, the mini is like staring into a peephole from the pixelated past - much fuzzier, looks terrible! ;)

4. macrumors 6502a

You made the wrong choice. Retina trumps all.

Can we make a sticky "justify your purchase here" thread? Please?

5. macrumors 603

nfl46

No regrets here either. I can do everything on my mini that I did on my iPad 3. All the same games and apps work just as well. Only thing missing is retina. Oh well.

6. macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

How much did you get for your 3?

7. macrumors 6502a

No. iPad heavy owners can go justify their purchase somewhere else..

8. macrumors regular

The mini is a great device, no doubt, but the larger ipad still has its place. When working on documents, spreadsheets or editing photos and videos, the larger iPad's screen is much easier on the eyes than the mini. I see the larger ipad eventually replacing laptops and the mini being the ultimate consumption device.

9. macrumors member

Too many threads with all the same pish one way or the other. Why does there have to be a new thread every time????

10. macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

I can totally see the mini becoming the main iPad while the 9.7" model becomes more of a Mac. Basically take the keyboard off of a MacBook Air and move the screen down where the keyboard used to be.

11. macrumors 68020

What do you mean? :p

12. macrumors 6502

Yes, it's called the Microsoft surface, but in a few years, apple will invent that

13. Guest

falconeight

Tablets are supposed to be portable. Carrying a iPad retina is like carrying an iMac.

14. macrumors regular

mkruck

We have our "Let's see just how far we can take hyperbole" award winner for 2012. Well done.

The readership of MR has lost it's collective mind with the launch of the Mini and The New New New iPad.

15. macrumors 6502a

Yeah and after handling the iPhone 5, the iPad mini feels like an in car entertainment monitor, everything is relative.

16. macrumors 603

kas23

That's funny. And so true. People feel much better about their decisions if other people make the same ones.

17. macrumors G3

mattopotamus

The best thing about the mini(when it gets retina) is I can use my ipad as my "desktop" and the mini as my "laptop"

18. macrumors newbie

the ipad mini design makes the bigger ipad look like a bulky antique to me :D

----------

i also notice its easier to type in the ipad mini whether it's in portrait or lanscape mode. it really is the right size for a tablet.

19. macrumors 601

ixodes

Excellent post. Thank You.

Your post _proves_ it's possible to write an intelligent statement without bashing Android or complaining about Apple.

But instead, telling us what _you_ prefer and doing it nicely.

It's all about discussing what we as individuals enjoy without resorting to the frequent juvenile rants, outbursts, or badmouthing that many insecure iDevice users must do to pump up their fragile egos.

My Compliments!

20. Guest

WeegieMac

Didn't even need to look at where you were from, superb lol

21. macrumors 68000

ditzy

Fixed to keep in context with the rest of your post.

22. macrumors newbie

My 3rd gen screen is more than fine, it's outstanding and it's not heavy at all.

23. macrumors regular

If apple put Mac OS on the iPad I'd be first to buy it. I don't mind iOS but for a tablet I would like OSX

24. macrumors G3

mattopotamus

How amazing would that be! Or something in between. iOS for phones, OSX for macs, and something different for tablets

25. macrumors 601

ixodes

Who designated you as editor?

Write your own damn posts.