iPad Mini Preparing for Shipment

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rob25255, Oct 26, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

rob25255

My iPad Mini Black Wifi 64GB is preparing for shipment. (UK) Delivers 2nd November. Picture to follow.Ordered 12 minutes after apple website went live.

Attached Files:

2. macrumors member

I ordered 1 minute past opening and I have to wait 2 weeks. Sucks to live in Europe..

Still, it should be switching to prepare in the next week or so :) Too bad it'll arrive in the middle of my mid-terms

3. macrumors regular

How long does it take for Apple to process orders? I ordered 2 iPad minis today at 9am and the status is still saying "Processing items". My card hasn't been charged yet.

4. macrumors member

Mine says same thing.... preparing for shipment. My RED mini smart cover now says Nov. 1-5. Grr. I hope it gets here the day before or same day as my mini.

5. macrumors member

I ordered mine within 5 minutes of the store opening and there's no change in status - expected delivery Nov. 2.

6. macrumors 65816

Frankied22

I preordered my 32GB iPad Mini Black Wi-Fi only like two minutes before 3:00AM EST, and mine still says processing.

7. macrumors member

If you live in the US i'm sure it will not go to shipping status till closer to the day. Simmer down you will get it.

8. macrumors 6502

Mine is Preparing for Shipment too!

Same as yours 64GB Black, UK - Delivers 2nd November! :D

9. Guest

I called and put in a pre-order with business partner person at the store...64GB 4G LTE, and was told they wouldn't be shipping for "possibly a few weeks."

Certainly not by end of next week. She said they were really not putting orders through for the 64 GB 4GLTE till "after" the opening selling on the wifi only model.

So...I will wait, but given the huge rollout of upgrades on almost EVERY Apple product within past few months, including now, with lowering of profit margins, Apple is scrambling to sell MORE products, rather than charge too high a premium.

Also, very evasive in the conference call when asked about whether supply would meet demands by the holidays, meaning end of year. Tim Cook waffled on that, saying he wasn't sure.

Then, they lowered their guidance on earnings from $15+ per share to $11+ per share for their usual blowout quarter.

So...I sold all but 50 of my Apple shares....this being said.

Yes...I still want my mini, will wait for it. I didn't buy it to be the first to have one in hand. I bought it because I believe Apple still makes the best product and because they all work within an ecosystem. You can call that "forcing" buyers to stay Apple, or whatever, but the product is still stellar.

terri

10. macrumors 6502a

Mine too, preparing shipment!

Can't wait my sis took my iPad 3 of me a while ago!!

11. macrumors 6502a

Yeah my 16GB Black and Slate UK preparing for shipment too.

12. macrumors 68040

Anyway, all that really means is that you can no longer chicken out and cancel.

They've got you :)

13. macrumors member

UK here. Purchased at 08:43 - 43 mins after launch.

[​IMG]

UK's distance selling regulations allow you to cancel 7 days after receiving the item ;)

14. macrumors regular

Ordered each of the Black 16GB and White 16GB and now I'm seeing Preparing for Shipment for the Black 16GB model. I'm located in the US and ordered around 2:10 central time.

15. macrumors 68040

I ordered a mini and a ipad 4. Both prepared.

Now I guess it's the Asia flight, assuming they are coming from there.

16. macrumors 6502a

APPLE-FANATIC

Dallas, TX here and mine has switched to Preparing for Shipment alongside my Smart Case. iPad Mini White & Silver Wi-FI 16gb:cool:

17. macrumors 6502

Mine is preparing for shipment also....

18. macrumors 6502a

Applepi

16gb iPad Mini White and Smart Cover are preparing for shipment. Just a matter of time now :)

19. macrumors 6502a

APPLE-FANATIC

Does anyone have a shipping status of "Event Shipping"? I dint have a shipping option when I pre-ordered, it just said standard, but noticed this morning it was updated to Even Shipping. I guess this method is similar to the iPhone 5 Pre-Orders that begin indicating "Holiday Shipping".:confused:

20. macrumors 6502a

Hello...

Ditto!

----------

Mine says the same thing also.

21. macrumors 65816

Apple allow 14 days to return the item (and the DSR actually allow 7 working days to return it), what you CAN'T do now is cancel the delivery while it is at shipping status.

22. macrumors 6502a

Casually ordered mine at 6ish this morning in a moment of weakness (kept telling myself I wasn't going to) before work and it's now preparing for shipment. 16gb black model

23. macrumors member

alohamade

Ordered mine at 12:01 PST, Black, 16GB and it's now showing as Preparing For Shipment. I live in Hawaii.

24. BenAppleTree, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012

macrumors newbie

First time I have posted,

Ordered within a minute in the UK and Preparing For Shipment, hopefully will arive early which will be AWESOME!!!

25. macrumors 68020

AJsAWiz

It's coming

I'm sure you checked again. But, I ordered the 64 gb black iPad Mini, at 3 am EST, and it says prepared for shipment.