Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kukulcan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 14, 2011
Found the Wallee (expensive), the Simplism (not a fan of faux leather, but looks OK) and some cheap chinese ones (which look fine, but seem to be a little too cheap).

Any experiences with one of these or recommendations for others? Lightweight would be nice, genuine leather (at least the strap, like the New Trent, which unfortunately is not available for the mini) would be great.

Cptnodegard

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2013
Get a couple of these: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1533605/

And add a strap of your own. I suggest skipping the leather and insted going for elastic bands; I've used those myself for several iPad mini accessories (stylus holders), and they're great. I bought a roll of elastic band from the local hobby store, shouldn't be too hard to find.

Kukulcan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 14, 2011
Might want to the ihandle on etsy

If you get one let me know how it works. Supposed to be real leather!
That thing is great, it just has minor (major for me) flaw. I need to hold the ipad in landscape orientation and that will be impossible without twisting the hand to an unfomfortable position :(

Cptnodegard

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2013
Another thing you might try since being able to rotate it is important:

Buy one of those cheap back covers. Go to a hobby store and grab some velcro. Also buy a glove, perhaps something like a bicycle glove with cut off fingers. Glue strips of velcro to the back of the case, and sow a few pieces o the opposite kind of velcro on the glove.

Kukulcan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 14, 2011
Another thing you might try since being able to rotate it is important:

Buy one of those cheap back covers. Go to a hobby store and grab some velcro. Also buy a glove, perhaps something like a bicycle glove with cut off fingers. Glue strips of velcro to the back of the case, and sow a few pieces o the opposite kind of velcro on the glove.

I am not really good with handicraft, but that sounds like an awesome feasible idea :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.