iPad mini iPad Mini Replacement Unit

Discussion in 'iPad' started by neil1981, Nov 19, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Taking my iPad Mini back to Apple tomorrow for a replacement due to a non-working microphone.

Will I get a new unit or a "white box" replacement? Anybody got any insights?

2. macrumors 6502

The replacement I almost accepted came in a brown box with original plastic around the iPad mini. The Genius person said it was brand new, not a refurb. I declined it though. I got my money back, and just got a White & Silver iPad mini today.

3. macrumors 68000

I'm not sure how this works in the UK but if you are still within your return period, you can simply do a return/exchange without having to see a genius and get a brand new one.

4. macrumors member

If you go through the Genius Bar you will get a replacement unit from stock allocated for replacements. It's too early for these to be refurbished units so it will be new, just not presented in a retail box.

If you are within the 14-day return window you could simply return it without seeing a Genius and immediately purchase a new unit which would of course be in a retail box (assuming the store has stock).