iPad mini iPad mini, the best thing since sliced bread.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iToonz, Dec 6, 2012.

1. macrumors member

I previously owned the iPad, iPad 2. But the iPad mini I can't put this thing down. It fits so well in my hand. . I currently still have my 3 put its catching dust now. I can live without the retina display. I will never listen the the complainers here again!

Even though I am one of them sometimes lol

2. macrumors regular

Good to hear! Getting closer and closer to pulling the trigger. I'm tired of trying every day at local Best Buys and Targets. I think I'm just going to order from that place in Manhattan.

3. macrumors 68040

shenan1982

I agree with you on this one. The upside of the small, portable design outweighs the retina display. Everyone I know has one, and it's a very small percentage who complain about the lack of a retina display. To the average user, the term "retina display" means nothing....

4. macrumors 6502a

No worries with ordering either from them or B&H Photo. Both great places to buy from.

5. macrumors regular

Thanks, b&h photo has pre-order, released in limited quantity though.

6. macrumors 68030

Try Macmall. They had a bunch in stock when I got mine (ended up not enjoying the experience though so I sold it).

7. macrumors regular

Do they charge tax? The place in Manhattan does not. I'm trying to get a place just to order online with my card. Both of these are order by phone.

8. thread starter macrumors member

I was lucky enough to get one on Black Friday. Went to Walmart and got the last one. Every other place is still sold out.

9. macrumors regular

My Walmart has crappy inventory as far as technology goes. Don't think they ever got the ipad 3 in. Always outdated Apple products there. Never got the Nexus 7 in either.

10. macrumors regular

Question - does the black ipad mini suck just as much as the black iphone 5? the anodization is crappy on the black iphone 5 and peels off. The white ipad mini looks cool.

11. thread starter macrumors member

Never really took notice. I have the white model and its been in an otter box since day one.

12. macrumors regular

I don't have the iPhone 5, but I have no problems with anodization on my iPad Mini. And if so, I wouldn't be really bothered. I have a smart cover, but the back is unprotected. It is an object I use, so some sort of scratches/scuffs can't be avoided. Dito for my iPhone 4s, always used naked.

And yes, I love my Mini, fantastic form factor, have it since day one. I'm coming from iPad 1 I don't care about retina.

13. macrumors 68000

Defender2010

As thin as a slice of bread too!

14. macrumors 6502

OP, totally agree. I can't put this thing down. I had an iPad 2 for a week and it never impressed me. The weight and size of the Mini changes everything though.

Sure does. I exchanged my black iPad mini for that very reason. It had been less than a week before silver lines and dots started appearing on the black chamfered edges.

15. macrumors 68000

panda bear

If you're trying to find a place to buy a mini, just go on the site or use their mobile app at 10pm, keep trying to place the mini in your cart until it stops saying that it is not available at your store. Then set it for in store pickup for the next day. Pay for it right then with your credit card, then go in the store the next day to pick it up.

I've done this twice already. Once with a 16gb white and once with a 16gb black.

Just make sure you have the order number (which will be emailed to you) and your ID.

Simple and very easy and you don't even have to wait that long or really go out of your way to get one.

16. macrumors 6502a

Pre-release--I saw the mini as a likely success, but now it seems to likely to eclipse the "flagship" ipad. I think it has also settled the 4:3 v 16;9 wars--this thing is perfect! Retina enthusiasts may have a hard time going back to 163 dpi, but I will have avhard time going back to a pound and a half device.

17. macrumors regular

I'm extremely addicted weeks later and very happy with the 64GB Mini :D

18. macrumors newbie

Check Apple Store on West 14th St. they have them almost every day. Thats were i got mine.

19. macrumors regular

I live near Dallas, TX (about 30 minutes from the nearest Apple store though).

20. macrumors 6502a

I just got a new iPod from MacMall. $10 off, no tax, free shipping. I have bought several things (including a desktop Mac) from them over the years. No problems.

21. macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Yep! This adorable little thing just begs to be picked up, held, fondled, touched....and played with for hours on end! I have only had mine a couple of days now and I'm absolutely in love, totally besotted..... The iPad 2 (soon to be leaving) and the iPad 3 are still in the household but it's the iPad Mini for which I reach time after time......

22. thread starter macrumors member

I feed mine the most premium dog food :D ;)

23. macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    LOL!!!!!!!!

I just pick mine up and hug her, smile at her and hold her comfortably when I put her to work......

24. macrumors member

Totally agreed! I've had my 64gb mini for a couple weeks now and it's with me all the time. I loaded Downcast and a couple thousand songs on it and I use it as a media player while I'm in the office. The lack of retina doesn't bother me at all. My poor iPad 3 hasn't been used since the mini came along.

25. macrumors member

I've been itching to take the plunge... Perhaps it is time. Have a 3 and would welcome the new form factor.