All iPads iPad Mini vs iPad 2 vs iPad 3 vs iPad 4

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Boob, Jan 15, 2013.

1. macrumors member

Wow, the near 2 year old iPad 2 is still just as fast as the newer models and slightly faster than the iPad 3.

2. macrumors 68020

Yeah, all these tasks are CPU based.

iPad 2, 3 and mini have the same CPU. iPad 4, as seen in the video, has a newer, much faster CPU.

3. thread starter macrumors member

Why did Apple even make the iPad 3? They should've just released the 4 as the 3 and now the 3 is pretty much discontinued.

And already the iPad 5 is supposed to be here by March? Are they making a new iPad like every 6 months?

4. macrumors G3

I don't believe this video.

Every other video comparison shows the 4 being noticibly faster than the previous iPads.

5. macrumors 6502a

Zotaccian

Yes, iPad 3 has the same CPU part as Mini and iPad 2. We recently benchmarked iPad mini against iPad 3 in SuperPi and got same kind of results. We did run graphic test but afterwards noted that we obviously made a mistake because my mini was faster, I think the test was done with both tablet's native resolution which of course is much higher on the iPad 3.

6. macrumors 68040

D.T.

Manually starting network based apps has got to be one of the silliest performance benchmarks I've ever seen ...

7. macrumors G3

I know. Currently my iPad 2 loads theverge.com faster than my friend's Mini.