All iPads ipad pro 12" would you like to see this?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by lowlypeace, Nov 3, 2012.

would you want an iPad pro 12" with these specs?

1. Yessssssssssssss!!!!!!!

6 vote(s)
  2. noooooooooooooo

27 vote(s)
  1. macrumors member

Sep 19, 2012
    ipad pro : aluminium bezel 12", running customised osx mountain lion, with iOS switch option - enabled by large thin battery across back of 12" display

now that would be the perfect computing device - optional apple stylus, pressure sensitive stylus for photoshop editing and web design and art work

12 megapixel camera with larger aperture to capture very printable photos

wow I would probably sell my MacBooks for this - maybe in a few years eh?

seeing the future::::::::::::::eek:
  2. macrumors 65816

Mar 9, 2011
    34°55′42″N 80°44′41″W (34.
    Customized version of OSX sounds like a major fail, forking your OS between devises is not a good idea. Win 8 may prove me wrong, but until that time it just doesn't seem like a good idea. Market for a large pro tablet is probably limited to pretty much the same crowd that loved the 17" MPB. Perfect system for a few, irrelevant for most of us.
  3. thread starter macrumors member

Sep 19, 2012
    customisation wouldn't require much, if you test your mac with your finger - maybe a bit more spacing between icons and words in apps, but not actually that much tweaking

it would be amazing to have a full tablet computer you could take and put on your lap, open up photoshop, website design, do some real productivity

this would move the iPad from a toy into a computer
  4. macrumors 68020

Oct 18, 2009
    Belfast, Ireland
  5. macrumors 601

Jul 14, 2010
    Phila, PA
    Yeah that's not going to happen anytime soon. I'll stick to my laptop for heavy duty work.
  6. macrumors 6502a

Sep 12, 2012
    I would like Apple to follow Microsoft's lead (sort of) with the Surface. Give us a thin, light 12.1" iPad with the option for a Surface-like detachable keyboard. When no keyboard is attached, have the device function just like the iPad 4. When the keyboard is attached, have the device switch seamlessly and instantly to OSX desktop mode.

Bottom line, don't compromise the iPad experience (no keyboard attached) and don't compromise the OSX desktop experience (keyboard attached).
  7. macrumors G4

Chupa Chupa

Jul 16, 2002
  8. macrumors 601

Jul 14, 2010
    Phila, PA
    Yeah but a 12" is a big item to carry around for casual use. Sure it may be light but the footprint is still there.

They already make something similar. It's called the 11" Air. But no touch screen :)
  9. thread starter macrumors member

Sep 19, 2012
    interesting, but then again jobs said anything smaller than a 10 inch iPad was DOA

I think apple may be dismissing the synthesis of tablet and pc to play down surface, and due to the current lack of ability at a decent price

but eventually this is where they will go I think

I mean - eventually if they can produce an iPad that is as light as the mini, but 11 or 12 inches, which can run OSX - and it was slightly more expensive than the standard iPad, I think it would sell amazingly, regardless of buyer wariness initially
  10. macrumors 603

Aug 19, 2008
    The Anthropocene
  11. macrumors regular

Jun 30, 2012
    Who know's it could become possible. They said it would never be Ipad 7" and now here we are with the 7.
  12. macrumors P6

Aug 17, 2007