Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chadcj7

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 25, 2008
I am in sales and have been for a long time. I have a retina MBP 13" that I do not plan on getting rid of as I need it for running multiple applications and VM's.

I was curious as if anyone in here is using an IPP for sales? I really want the pen support for taking notes and also accepting signed orders that I can email off for ordering as soon as I get internet access. I am really hoping that the iPad air 3 has pen support as I feel that may be a better size especially for sale meetings.

let me know what your experience is

Thanks

Robnsn2015

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2015
Have you tried Salesforce.com? They seem to be on the cutting edge of that type of thing.

chadcj7

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 25, 2008
My company does not use Salesforce.com. We do have another CRM that has an application for the iPad/iphone. I was mostly wanting to hear impressions about how the size and in meetings at customers it works?

LiveM

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2015
I am in sales and have been for a long time. I have a retina MBP 13" that I do not plan on getting rid of as I need it for running multiple applications and VM's.

I was curious as if anyone in here is using an IPP for sales? I really want the pen support for taking notes and also accepting signed orders that I can email off for ordering as soon as I get internet access. I am really hoping that the iPad air 3 has pen support as I feel that may be a better size especially for sale meetings.

let me know what your experience is

Thanks

Been there, done that with the Surface and all I can say is that typing and audio recording on the iPad Mini beat taking notes even with the original Wacom digitiser and Microsoft's unrivalled handwriting recognition.

As for signing for orders, SignEasy or Adobe Fill & Sign plus a Bluetooth stylus like the original Pencil by FiftyThree is perfectly adequate, especially the walnut model with magnetic clip.

easystickerco

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2015
I use mine for sales all the time. I use an great app called invoice to go. Mainly to enter products we offer, pricing, specs, and promos. If I'm at a trade show, I can look up pricing I entered, create a quote on the spot, convert to a invoice.

I have everything on my iPad mini ready to go. I bought the iPad pro for graphics, editing photos, art for printing etc. love it! I run the same sales apps on ipp. Big screen is awesome. But for me, to big to walk into a clients on a sales call. Awesome at home office, or research online.

Reactions: LiveM

JonSarge3108

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2015
When I used to carry a conference folder/notepad it was A4 sized - I took that into meetings all the time (I used to be in sales). It would be the 'standard' with a5 being seen as too small by most in the field I was in and a rare few using a TIME System which was between A4 and A5 but always felt small to me.

The Pro is A4 sized and much thinner than the conference folder. It's the perfect size for meetings. In the last week I've used it at an all day conference for note taking and then in 2 days full of meetings for notes as well as referencing material and presenting information. It's the spot on size. The detail needed makes the size perfect.

There's a reason A4 clipboards, folders, paper, printers etc are all the predominant sizes in their field.

Reactions: baypharm

kevroc

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2011
I use one all the time and find it a real benefit. A couple of items that set it apart for me are the LTE model and the Logitech Keyboard Case.

It's great for doing research on the go, snapping screenshots of clients websites, contact info. I use it for maps to plot out if I'm going to hit 3-4 locations. It's great in a meeting to take notes, but also to draw a quick diagram for a client if they don't understand a point or process flow. Also, when you are waiting in the lobby it's easy to check up on emails or whatever with the keyboard. It's really an indispensable tool. Much like the paper notebook and pen, just newer... :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.